So you are planning a vacation to Disney World in November 2015? November is a wonderful time of year to visit Walt Disney World. The weather is beautiful and the crowds are manageable.
The weather in Disney World during November is mild and mostly dry. The average high is about 78 degrees, the average low is about 58 degrees and the average rainfall is about 2.14 inches. The evenings can get a little chilly, so be sure to pack a few clothes for cooler weather, too.
The crowds in November are fairly moderate with the exception of Thanksgiving week.
November 1 – November 7 – Average Crowd Level 4.9 out of 10
November 8 – November 14 – Average Crowd Level 5.6 out of 10
November 15 – November 21 – Average Crowd Level 3.9 out of 10
November 22 – November 28 – Average Crowd Level 7.4 out of 10
November 29 – November 30 – Average Crowd Level 5.0 out of 10
- Magic Kingdom: Open most days from 9am – 10pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
- Epcot: Open from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
- Hollywood Studios: Open most days from 9am – 8pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
- Animal Kingdom: Open most days from 9am – 6pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
For specific hours on each day during November, please click this link. Remember that park hours are subject to change and are often adjusted two weeks prior.
On November 1, the final Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party of 2015 will be held at Magic Kingdom. This party is a lively, light-hearted, family friendly event. There are special parades, exciting dance parties, stunning fireworks and tons of trick-or-treating stations filled with candy for everyone! Adults and children alike really get into the spirit of the event by dressing in costume, trick-or-treating and dancing the night away with all of the characters. For more information including pricing, please click here.
On November 6 and 7, the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will be held. This event includes kids races, a 5K run, an expo, a finish line party, as well as the half marathon. The big race itself has little impact on other non-running visitors to Disney World, because it is held at night. For more information, please visit the runDisney site by clicking here.
Beginning on November 8 and running through December 18, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be held on select nights at Magic Kingdom. This party is a festive and heart warming experience for the entire family. There is a special holiday parade, entertaining shows, spectacular fireworks, hot chocolate and cookies, character dance parties, and even snow on Main Street! For more information including dates and pricing, please click here.
One of the best things about visiting Disney World in November is the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. This fabulous celebration runs through November 16 and features more than 25 food and beverage marketplaces scattered around World Showcase, signature dining experiences, food and beverage demonstrations, and music concerts. The first details for the 2015 event have been released; please click here for more information.
For Thanksgiving, several Disney World restaurants serve a traditional holiday feast. For more details and information about this year’s celebration, please click here. If you have your heart set on eating at a particular restaurant for Thanksgiving, be sure to make your dining reservation right away, because holidays do fill up quickly. Disney World dining reservations can be made by clicking here. If all else fails, you can always grab one of those famous Disney turkey legs. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Check out this article!
Every year at Epcot, the holiday season is celebrated with a special event called Holidays Around The World. This year the festive happening will be held from November 27 through December 30. It is filled with yummy food, joyful music and wonderful traditions from countries around the globe. For more information and reservations, please click here!
Periodically throughout the year, Disney closes attractions for refurbishments and enhancements. Here are the scheduled closures during November (subject to change without notice):
- Diamond Horseshoe: August 2 – November 19, 2015
- Liberty Tree Tavern: July 6 – November 20, 2015
- Peter Pan’s Flight: November 2 – November 7, 2015
- Walt Disney World Railroad: October 12 – November 20, 2015
- Frozen Ever After: October 5 – May 1, 2016
- Sum of All Thrills: November 30 – December 4, 2015
- Catalina Eddie’s: October 11 – November 19, 2015
- Jedi Training Academy: October 5 – November 30, 2015
- Rosie’s All-American Café: October 11 – November 19, 2015
- Star Wars Land: Opening TBD
- Toy Story Land: Opening TBD
- Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream (Finale only): October 16 – December 5, 2015
- Flights of Wonder: October 5 – November 5, 2015
- Pandora – The World of AVATAR: Opening TBD
- Pizzafari: August 23 – November 14, 2015
- Primevil Whirl: August 17 – November 12, 2015
- Rivers of Light: Opening in 2016
- Blizzard Beach: Park Closed October 4 – January 2, 2016
- Downtown Disney is undergoing a major transformation to become the reimagined Disney Springs. Construction will be finished in phases with the final completion date set for Fall 2016.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool October 26 – December 18, 2015
- Boardwalk Inn: Exterior Painting August 17, 2015 – May 5, 2016
- Caribbean Beach Resort: Bridges Connecting Aruba and Jamaica to Old Port Royale October – November 27, 2015
- Coronado Springs: Ranchos Village Quiet Pool November 2 – 3, 2015
- Polynesian Village Resort: Polynesian East Pool To Be Completed In 2016
- Pop Century: Computer Pool November 30 – December 3, 2015
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Kiddie Pool September 8 – December 23, 2015
- Walt Disney World Swan: Ongoing Guest Room Refurbishments To Be Completed In 2015
- Wilderness Lodge: Hidden Springs Quiet Pool, Resort Beach, Playground and Fire Pit To Be Completed In 2017
If you are traveling to Disney World in November 2015, your planning is probably well under way at this point. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are on track:
- Make sure you have created your My Disney Experience account. If you haven’t, click here to sign up now.
- If you haven’t already made your dining reservations, be sure to make them now by clicking here, especially if you are trying to book a special dinner for Thanksgiving.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to customize your MagicBand on your My Disney Experience account by picking the color and adding your name. And if you really want to make your MagicBand special, personalize it with your own custom designed MagicBand Skin from Magic YOUR Band. Click here to get started!
- Now is a great time to research what attractions you and your family would like to see at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Because Walt Disney World is so large, it is very difficult to see everything during one trip, so be sure to get everyone’s top priorities. This is also a great time to begin looking at menus for counter service restaurants so that you have an idea of which locations serve foods that your entire family will enjoy.
- Whether you are staying on site or off-property, be sure to purchase your admission tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account.
- Once your tickets are linked and at exactly 60 days in advance of your check in date (midnight EST time) if you are staying on site or 30 days in advance for all other guests, login to your My Disney Experience account and book your Fastpass+ reservations.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to check in online at 60 days out from your arrival date.
- Double check your flight times and if you will be using Disney’s Magical Express for your airport transportation make your reservation at least 60 days in advance by clicking here.
- It’s never too early to start creating a packing list so that you don’t forget anything.
- Need more help planning? Please check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation, for hundreds of insider tips and secrets for having the most magical Disney World vacation possible!
If you haven’t already made your November 2015 reservations, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money:
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Join The Fun
Disney Vacation Planner Jennifer Hardy and I have teamed up to create a new Facebook Group called Next Disney Vacation! It is the perfect place to talk about your next Disney vacation, ask your questions, get them answered, and share the magic. Everyday you’ll find posts, photos, trivia, tips, and more that we find all throughout the Disney Universe. If you’re counting the days until your next Disney vacation or just dreaming of one, we would love to have you join in the fun! Please click here to be a part of our group!