Even as the snow is falling outside my window here in Colorado, it’s hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner. One of my favorite things about the holiday season is getting into the spirit at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This festive event is held every year on select nights in November and December at Magic Kingdom. I’m counting the days until I’ll be attending later this month, and if you plan on joining in the fun or if you just wish you were, here’s everything you need to know courtesy of Disney!
It’s a Christmas party like no other, with joyful music, a shimmering Cinderella Castle, characters in their festive finery and Magic Kingdom Park decked out and even more magical for merry-making guests of all ages.
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with Mickey, Santa and plenty of Disney friends at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. The special holiday festivities feature live entertainment, dazzling fireworks, a cheery parade and more. The party becomes even merrier with complimentary treats and hot cocoa, plus a magical snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party features enchanting entertainment, including:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Mickey and his pals invite some of their friends over for an unforgettable Christmas party filled with music, dancing, color and fun on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage! The celebration features medleys of delightful holiday songs both classic and contemporary, along with special effects, magical projections and beloved Disney characters including Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Fantasyland friends such as Peter Pan and Snow White.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: Arendelle royalty and their lovable snowman visit Magic Kingdom Park to help everyone feel the wintry chill in the air and love in their hearts. “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” presented on the Castle Forecourt Stage, features Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff. As a gift to the kingdom, Elsa lets it go and uses her icy powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a sparkling palace of ice. This glowing spectacle will be broadcast live on November 9 on the Disney Parks Blog, for all those who wish to be among the first to see Queen Elsa’s magic kicking off the holiday season at Magic Kingdom park.
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: This holiday nighttime spectacular lights up the skies above Cinderella Castle with breathtaking fireworks and beloved music.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride down Main Street, U.S.A. in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer and other friends from the North Pole join Mickey and his pals for the happiest holiday parade.
- Club Tinsel, located inside Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland, becomes the coolest place to get down with a DJ and some North Pole pals in the cheeriest dance party this side of Santa’s Workshop!
- “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” – Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch join host Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The show is full of modern twists on classic holiday songs and the coolest dance numbers in town!
- Santa Claus is coming to town! – When he’s not appearing in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” Santa drops in on the Town Square Courtyard near City Hall over on Main Street, U.S.A, where Guests can whisper their fondest wishes to him.
The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 7pm, after regular park hours.
Dates for this year:
November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours spectacular, please click here!
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
Have you been to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
Please leave a comment; we would love to hear from you!