If you will be visiting Disney World around St. Patrick’s Day and are looking for a fun place to celebrate, look no further than Raglan Road Irish Pub in Downtown Disney. Here’s what’s on the agenda courtesy of Disney:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Award-winning Irish and American bands and quick-stepping Irish dancers will showcase their Irish roots during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Downtown Disney March 13-17. The most authentic St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Central Florida also will feature inventive cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon, host of the TASTE Award-winning PBS and Create TV cooking show, “Kevin Dundon’s Modern Irish Food.”
Raglan Road guests ready to “get their green on” can participate in festivities that run from 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. March 13 and from noon until 1:30 a.m. March 14-17, including complimentary face painting for guests, and live music. The diverse band lineup headed by Scythian — playing gypsy-infused American Celtic tunes — offers something for everyone:
- Reel Ó Gránde, the newest Raglan Road house band playing traditional Irish ballads, jigs and reels and modern Irish and country music.
- The West Coast Trio from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
- 3 Dollar Band, three extraordinary musicians inspired by Irish and Appalachian music.
- The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
- Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily
Debuting just in time for the big celebration is the updated spring menu. Three new items being featured on the lunch and dinner menus are:
- Cod Cornucopia – pan-roasted cod on a warm potato salad topped with chorizo vinaigrette.
- Proud Pork – grilled pork chop with colcannon potato mash with cabbage, buttermilk, and onion.
- Double Joint – cowboy cut rib-eye steak served with duck fat fries, roasted vegetables, and a salad.
There are also some new cocktails available including:
- Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
- Ginger Mojito
- Smoking Margarita
For more information or to make reservations, please visit RaglanRoad.com or call 407-938-0300.
Need help planning your Disney World vacation?
Be sure to check out these resources to make the most of your time in Disney World:
- Disney World Scheduled Refurbishments 2015
- Planning Your March 2015 Disney World Vacation
- Planning Your April 2015 Disney World Vacation
- Planning Your May 2015 Disney World Vacation
- Planning Your June 2015 Disney World Vacation
- Planning Your July 2015 Disney World Vacation
- Planning Your August 2015 Disney World Vacation
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money: