So you are planning a vacation to Disney World in November 2016?
November is a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World!
The weather in Disney World during November is mild and mostly dry. The average high is about 78 degrees, the average low is about 58 degrees and the average rainfall is about 2.14 inches. The evenings can get a little chilly, so be sure to pack a few clothes for cooler weather, too.
The crowds in November are fairly moderate with the exception of Thanksgiving week.
November 1 – November 5
Average Crowd Level 5.2 out of 10
November 6 – November 12
Average Crowd Level 6.3 out of 10
November 13 – November 19
Average Crowd Level 4.1 out of 10
November 20 – November 26
Average Crowd Level 8.3 out of 10
November 27 – November 30
Average Crowd Level 3.8 out of 10
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 7pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 5pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
For specific hours on each day during November, please click this link. Remember that park hours are subject to change and are often adjusted two weeks prior.
One of the best things about visiting Disney World in November is the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. This fabulous celebration runs through November 14 and features more than 25 food and beverage marketplaces scattered around World Showcase, signature dining experiences, food and beverage demonstrations, and music concerts. The first details for the 2016 event have been released; please click here for more information.
Beginning on November 7 and running through December 22, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be held on select nights at Magic Kingdom. This party is a festive and heart warming experience for the entire family. There is a special holiday parade, entertaining shows, spectacular fireworks, hot chocolate and cookies, character dance parties, and even snow on Main Street! For more information including dates and pricing, please click here.
For Thanksgiving, several Disney World restaurants serve a traditional holiday feast. If you have your heart set on eating at a particular restaurant for Thanksgiving, be sure to make your dining reservation right away, because holidays do fill up quickly. Disney World dining reservations can be made by clicking here. If all else fails, you can always grab one of those famous Disney turkey legs. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Check out this article!
Every year at Epcot, the holiday season is celebrated with a special event called Holidays Around The World. This year the festive happening will be held from November 25 through December 30. It is filled with yummy food, joyful music and wonderful traditions from countries around the globe. For more information, please click here!
Periodically throughout the year, Disney closes attractions for refurbishments and enhancements. Here are the currently scheduled closures during November (subject to change without notice):
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: August 8 – November 18, 2016
No Scheduled Refurbishments At This Time
Pandora – The World of AVATAR: Opening in 2017
Blizzard Beach: October 23 – December 24, 2016
Fulton’s Crab House: May 1 – December 31, 2016
Walt Disney World Dolphin: Guest Room Refurbishments To Be Completed In 2017
Wilderness Lodge: Hidden Springs Quiet Pool, Resort Beach, Playground and Fire Pit To Be Completed In 2017
If you are traveling to Disney World in November 2016, your planning is probably well under way at this point. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are on track:
- Make sure you have created your My Disney Experience account. If you haven’t, click here to sign up now.
- If you haven’t already made your dining reservations, be sure to make them now by clicking here.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to customize your MagicBand on your My Disney Experience account by picking the color and adding your name. And if you really want to make your MagicBand special, personalize it with your own custom designed MagicBand Skin from Magic YOUR Band. Click here to get started!
- Now is a great time to research what attractions you and your family would like to see at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Because Walt Disney World is so large, it is very difficult to see everything during one trip, so be sure to get everyone’s top priorities. This is also a great time to begin looking at menus for counter service restaurants so that you have an idea of which locations serve foods that your entire family will enjoy.
- Whether you are staying on site or off-property, be sure to purchase your admission tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account.
- Once your tickets are linked and at exactly 60 days in advance of your check in date (midnight EST time) if you are staying on site or 30 days in advance for all other guests, login to your My Disney Experience account and book your Fastpass+ reservations.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to check in online at 60 days out from your arrival date.
- Double check your flight times and if you will be using Disney’s Magical Express for your airport transportation make your reservation at least 60 days in advance by clicking here.
- It’s never too early to start creating a packing list so that you don’t forget anything.
- Need more help planning? Please check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation, for hundreds of insider tips and secrets for having the most magical Disney World vacation possible!
If you haven’t already made your November 2016 reservations, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money:
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Join The Fun
Disney Vacation Planner Jennifer Hardy and I have teamed up to create a new Facebook Group called Next Disney Vacation! It is the perfect place to talk about your next Disney vacation, ask your questions, get them answered, and share the magic. Everyday you’ll find posts, photos, trivia, tips, and more that we find all throughout the Disney Universe. If you’re counting the days until your next Disney vacation or just dreaming of one, we would love to have you join in the fun! Please click here to be a part of our group!