So you are planning a vacation to Disney World in July 2016?
July is a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World!
The weather in Disney World during July is hot and rainy. The average high is about 92 degrees, the average low is about 73 degrees, and the average rainfall is about 7.05 inches. You can expect some rain most afternoons or evenings, so be sure to bring your poncho!
The crowds in July are high throughout the month as families enjoy vacationing during summer break. Be sure to watch out for massive crowds on July 4 especially at Epcot and Magic Kingdom as people flock to the Parks to celebrate Independence Day.
July 1 – July 2
Average Crowd Level 7.5 out of 10
July 3 – July 9
Average Crowd Level 7.4 out of 10
July 10 – July 16
Average Crowd Level 7.4 out of 10
July 17 – July 23
Average Crowd Level 7.7 out of 10
July 24 – July 31
Average Crowd Level 7.6 out of 10
Open most days from 9am – 10pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 8:30pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 5pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
For specific hours on each day during July, please click this link. Remember that park hours are subject to change and are often adjusted two weeks prior.
If you are visiting for the 4th of July, Disney always has additional offerings to celebrate the holiday. You can count on themed merchandise and foods, extended park hours, and enhanced fireworks displays at Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios to celebrate the occasion.
Periodically throughout the year, Disney closes attractions for refurbishments and enhancements. Here are the currently scheduled closures during July (subject to change without notice):
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: April 4 – July 15, 2016
Swiss Family Treehouse: July 7 – September 24, 2016
Pandora – The World of AVATAR: Opening in 2017
No Scheduled Refurbishments At This Time
Fulton’s Crab House: May 1 – December 31, 2016
Boardwalk Inn: Flying Fish Café February 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016
Walt Disney World Dolphin: Guest Room Refurbishments To Be Completed In 2017
Wilderness Lodge: Hidden Springs Quiet Pool, Resort Beach, Playground and Fire Pit To Be Completed In 2017
If you are traveling to Disney World in July 2016, your planning is probably well under way at this point. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are on track:
- Make sure you have created your My Disney Experience account. If you haven’t, click here to sign up now.
- If you haven’t already made your dining reservations, be sure to make them now by clicking here.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to customize your MagicBand on your My Disney Experience account by picking the color and adding your name. And if you really want to make your MagicBand special, personalize it with your own custom designed MagicBand Skin from Magic YOUR Band. Click here to get started!
- Now is a great time to research what attractions you and your family would like to see at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Because Walt Disney World is so large, it is very difficult to see everything during one trip, so be sure to get everyone’s top priorities. This is also a great time to begin looking at menus for counter service restaurants so that you have an idea of which locations serve foods that your entire family will enjoy.
- Whether you are staying on site or off-property, be sure to purchase your admission tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account.
- Once your tickets are linked and at exactly 60 days in advance of your check in date (midnight EST time) if you are staying on site or 30 days in advance for all other guests, login to your My Disney Experience account and book your Fastpass+ reservations.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to check in online at 60 days out from your arrival date.
- Double check your flight times and if you will be using Disney’s Magical Express for your airport transportation make your reservation at least 60 days in advance by clicking here.
- It’s never too early to start creating a packing list so that you don’t forget anything.
- Need more help planning? Please check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation, for hundreds of insider tips and secrets for having the most magical Disney World vacation possible!
If you haven’t already made your July 2016 reservations, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money:
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Join The Fun
Disney Vacation Planner Jennifer Hardy and I have teamed up to create a new Facebook Group called Next Disney Vacation! It is the perfect place to talk about your next Disney vacation, ask your questions, get them answered, and share the magic. Everyday you’ll find posts, photos, trivia, tips, and more that we find all throughout the Disney Universe. If you’re counting the days until your next Disney vacation or just dreaming of one, we would love to have you join in the fun! Please click here to be a part of our group!