Every year at Epcot, the holiday season is celebrated with a special event called Holidays Around The World. This year, the festive extravaganza will be held from November 27 through December 30. It is filled with yummy food, joyful music, and wonderful traditions from countries around the globe. Here’s the scoop on some of the tasty treats that you can enjoy this year, courtesy of Disney:
Clockwise around World Showcase:
- Mexico – Sweet tamales.
- Norway – Frozen Peppermint Trifle; Traditional Rice Cream.
- China – Kaikouxiao (Happy Face Fried Cake).
- Germany – Stollen, the classic holiday fruit bread; Glühwein, a hot spiced wine; Werther’s Original specialty drinks and treats, and a German artisanal cheese plate.
- Italy – Prosecco sparkling wine and Panettone (Italian Christmas bread).
- American Adventure – Start with a peek at the edible United States Capitol Building and Washington Monument (starting December 1) made out of 50 pounds of gingerbread.
- On the promenade at American Adventure, The Sugar and Spice shop (open November 27) is the place for treats for the Candlelight Processional. You’ll find peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, holiday tree sugar cookies, hot chocolate, eggnog, hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps, and eggnog with Buffalo Trace Kentucky Bourbon.
- Japan – A savory grilled Kurobuto pork sausage with pineapple and onions and Hitachino Ginger Beer.
- Morocco – honey chocolate baklava.
- France – A classic Buche de Noel au Chocolat (chocolate Christmas log) and a special glace à la cannelle et noix de pecan caramélisées (cinnamon ice cream and caramelized pecans).
- United Kingdom – Hot applejack cider.
- Canada – Pecan maple bark.
- Promenade Refreshments – A little savory, a little sweet: a warm turkey sandwich on cranberry bread with mashed potatoes and gravy; peppermint sundae, chocolate grasshopper, hot chocolate, hot chocolate with Godiva Coffee Liqueur and Red Hook Winterhook Ale.
- Fountainview in Future World — Mickey Santa Hat Cupcake.
Heading to Disney World for the holidays?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World during the holiday season, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- Check out Helpful Information For Your December 2015 Disney World Vacation!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here!