Are you ready for next weekend? Disney World will be kicking off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with the annual celebration when Magic Kingdom stays open for 24 hours straight. This year’s event will be held from 6am Friday, May 22 to 6am Saturday, May 23. In addition to all of the usual entertainment and fun that you can find at Magic Kingdom, there will be extra experiences available. Here are the details from Disney Parks Blog:
- The extravaganza kicks off with some very special appearances in the Welcome Show as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf join the rest of the gang welcoming everyone into the park.
- A Flag Raising ceremony will be held at dawn in Town Square, featuring the Reedy Creek Honor Guard.
- Some of your favorite stars from Disney Channel will be joining us as Grand Marshals for the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” at 3 pm.
- Over in Tomorrowland, Disney Channel Club Chill takes over Rockettower Plaza Stage from 4pm to 11pm, with DJ Frost leading a dance party with music videos from Disney Channel stars and sneak peeks of upcoming Disney Channel Original Movies “Teen Beach 2” and “Descendants.”
- Once things cool down in Tomorrowland, Rockettower Plaza switches gears for sing-along screenings of Disney’s “Frozen” from midnight – 4am.
- There’s even more “Frozen” fun in store, when Olaf, Kristoff, Anna and Elsa put Magic Kingdom Park “on ice” with pre-parade appearances just ahead of the 11pm and 1am performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- Looking to dance the night away? You can join some of your Disney pals – all dressed in their PJs – at one of two late-night dance parties. Kick up your heels at the Frontierland Dance Party, near Country Bear Jamboree, from 2am – 6am. At Cinderella Castle, Disney’s “Up All Night” Dance Party keeps things hopping from 2am – 5:45am with awesome DJ, stiltwalkers and lots of fun party people!
- As that 24th hour comes to a close, make your way to Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., for a special finale moment with Mickey and the gang that you won’t want to miss.
Looking for more to do during the 24 hour event? Please check out this article!
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by getting a FREE quote from Destinations in Florida!
- Get the best prices on admission tickets by checking out these deals from Under Cover Tourist!