Disney World is bringing back the
24-hour event to kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever”!
This Memorial Day weekend, Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World will be open 24 hours from 6am Friday, May 22 to 6am Saturday, May 23. Guests are invited to come in costume to show their Disney Side while a huge selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, themed merchandise, foods, and beverages will be available all night to celebrate the beginning of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Disney World. This fantastic event will feature character meet and greets, dance parties, plus more fun-filled surprises.
Here’s a list of 24 ways to join in on the fun and make the most of this celebration courtesy of Disney Parks Blog:
- Show your #DisneySide by wearing a costume. (Check out the guidelines here).
- Join your favorite heroes from “The Incredibles” in the #IncrediblesSuperDanceParty in Tomorrowland, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Join the “Move It, Shake It, Dance & Play It!” Street party to celebrate the start of summer. The first celebration begins at 9:30 a.m.!
- Find the paw prints of “Lady and the Tramp” hidden somewhere on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Have breakfast in the park. Mickey Waffles, anyone?
- Challenge yourself to get as many photos with Disney characters as possible. The My Disney Experience App will have the latest on appearance times.
- Catch the fun of the Royal Majesty Makers, who appear throughout New Fantasyland during the day.
- Attend the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade,” which features floats from “Tangled,” “Brave” and many more.
- Get your picture with Cinderella’s Pumpkin Coach.
- May 22 is also the opening date for the film “Tomorrowland.” Celebrate with a ride through Space Mountain or the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover.
- Check out the latest Disney merchandise. Memento Mori, a new spot devoted to Haunted Mansion-inspired gifts, is a great place to start.
- Catch the patriotic flag retreat on Main Street, U.S.A., promptly at 5 p.m.
- Check out the latest additions to the park, including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and the interactive queue at Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Join the late night dance parties in your pajamas. That’s what Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip, Dale and Goofy will be wearing!
- Enjoy the “Celebrate the Magic” castle projection show.
- Gather together for “Wishes” fireworks at Cinderella Castle.
- Change costumes at the 12-hour mark. Maybe a “hero” look for the day and a “villain” look at night?
- 24 hours means a lot of time for character autographs. How many can you get?
- Enjoy a late-night snack at the park. Popcorn or Dole Whip?
- Take pictures wearing as many different Mickey Ear hats as you can.
- See how many Hidden Mickeys you can find in 24 hours.
- Catch two showings of the “Main Street Electrical Parade.”
- Enjoy your favorite Disney attractions all day (and night) long.
- Take an early morning family photo – if you can make it the full 24 hours!
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by getting a FREE quote from Destinations in Florida!
- Get the best prices on admission tickets by checking out these deals from Under Cover Tourist!
I’ve always wanted to do a 24 hour event at Disney. It sounds like a lot of fun to me. I’m going shortly after that event, I seem to miss it yearly. Oh well, there is always next year.