Last weekend while I was shopping with my family at Target, I was amazed to see that right next to the Christmas clearance section was an area filled with everything imaginable for Valentine’s Day. It’s hard to believe that we are already well into January with February 14 less than six weeks away! If you are one of those lucky people who will be celebrating in Disney World this year, you have lots of romantic options available and if you are like so many of us far away from that magical place, I have a few ideas for you to bring a little Disney magic into your celebration as well as some gift ideas.
Here are just some of the many possibilities available at Disney World from WDW News:
The Couple that ‘Spas’ Together… – What’s more enjoyable than a luxurious spa treatment? Imagine sharing it with that special someone. The new Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort or Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, both feature a “couples room” where guests can enjoy specialized spa treatments – such as massages and facials – with the one they love. For information about spa treatments, call 407-WDW-SPAS.
Make like Aladdin and Jasmine – Fly through the sky with your special someone on an adventurous tandem parasail over Bay Lake. Those looking to soar to new heights can spend 10 minutes soaring high above Disney and get a bird’s-eye view of Magic Kingdom and its neighboring resorts. Contact Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, or call 407-939-0754 for reservations for a tandem flight.
Sunset in the Sky – A very different kind of flight is aboard a tethered balloon rising gently into the Florida sky. Located on the waterfront at Downtown Disney, Characters in Flight gives romantics a chance to take their love to new heights. Operating daily, the giant balloon provides breathtaking sights from 400 ft. up in the air with an unparalleled, 360-degree view of the Vacation Kingdom and beyond. Flights take place between 8:30 a.m. and midnight (weather permitting) and last approximately 8-10 minutes. Romantics who time their flight to sunset or fireworks bursting above the parks are in for a special treat. Tickets can be purchased at Downtown Disney West Side; tickets are $12.00 per child and $18.00 per adult.
Magical Resorts – From the tropical splendor of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to the Victorian era of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the mood is set for an enchanting stay at a Walt Disney World resort hotel. Disney’s fantasy hotels transport couples to faraway places with lavish theming, picturesque views and superior service. For reservations, call 407-W-DISNEY.
The Love Boat – The Grand Floridian’s Grand 1 – an elegant 52-foot yacht – can give couples, or parties up to 18, a stunning view of “Wishes” fireworks showering above Magic Kingdom during select evening cruises along Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Private butler service and gourmet meals also are available. Romantic evening cruises include a captain and private deck hand. Reservations may be made up to 90 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Callers to that same number can ask about Magic Kingdom or Epcot fireworks cruises aboard gently floating pontoon boats. To turn up the romance, lovebirds can order up champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries for their fireworks viewing.
Disney Dining Serves Romance – Couples find Disney dining infused with romance in settings ranging from subdued to spectacular.
- Indulge in a romantic dinner for two at California Grill atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Situated on the 15th floor of the resort, the onstage, market-inspired kitchen boasts breathtaking views of the Magic Kingdom, Seven Seas Lagoon and nightly fireworks. The menu is creative, seasonal, sophisticated and fun.
- Beneath shimmering chandeliers, lovebirds can dine in fairy tale elegance at Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland. Known as the place where Belle and Beast fell in love, the grand ballroom in Beast’s Castle is the perfect setting for romance as ‘snow’ falls on the French countryside outside the windows and guests dine on French-inspired cuisine and fine wines.
- One of the most romantic dinner spots at Walt Disney World Resort is a table for two at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. The elegant restaurant has been honored with the Five-Diamond Award from AAA for its gourmet cuisine. Combining Royal Doulton china, Cristofle silver and personalized menus, Victoria & Albert’s is the “crown jewel” of the Grand Floridian’s dining destinations. Soft harp music fills the air in the intimate dining room. Ladies also receive a long-stemmed red rose. For the ultimate romantic experience, an evening at the Chef’s Table is unsurpassed. Couples are seated at a cozy table in Victoria & Albert’s kitchen and treated to a culinary feast custom-tailored to their palates by Chef Scott Hunnel.
- Guests who prefer to dine in an even more intimate setting at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa need only to pick up the closest telephone. The Grand Floridian can arrange a private dinner for two, served against the elegant backdrop of the Grand Floridian beach – or aboard the Grand 1 – on a sunset excursion along Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Certain menu items can be specially prepared for the evening. Seven-day notice is requested.
- There’s nothing more romantic than a champagne toast with classical French cuisine. Monsieur Paul restaurant at the France pavilion at Epcot pays homage to one of France’s most celebrated chefs, Paul Bocuse with upscale French creations. The second floor vantage point of the newly redesigned restaurant offers stunning views of the nightly IllumiNations fireworks display.
For all Walt Disney World dining information, guests can call 407-WDW-DINE.
Nature Lovers – A horseback ride through one of the backwoods trails at Walt Disney World Resort is just the thing for couples who share a love of nature and each other. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground offers wrangler-led tours (45 minutes) through the deep, pine-scented woods that make up part of the Vacation Kingdom’s 40 square miles. Tours leave several times daily from Trail Blaze Corral, and may be reserved by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
Romantic Evening – Horse-drawn carriage rides through the wilderness of Walt Disney World Resort are a romantic treat for couples looking for a secluded nighttime outing. The antique carriages depart from Pioneer Hall at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and traverse throughout the scenic landscape of the 750-acre rustic resort. Or guests can choose a relaxing old-fashioned carriage ride through Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-Riverside with pickup at Boatwright’s Dining Hall. Each nightly excursion is 25 minutes long. For reservations, guests can call 407-WDW-PLAY.
Looking to bring a little Disney magic into your Valentine’s Day celebration at home? Here are a few of my Disney inspired ideas that would work not only for a romantic evening for two, but for the whole family as well.
- Decorate the space like a rustic Italian restaurant, make a simple spaghetti or lasagna dinner, open a bottle of wine, put on some romantic music like Andrea Bocelli, and then after the meal pop in Lady and the Tramp.
- Decorate the space like an old library, make some easy French desserts like cream puffs or éclairs, add a little French wine and music, and follow it up with Beauty and the Beast.
- Decorate the space like you are “under the sea”, make a tasty seafood meal, turn on some lively Caribbean music, and watch The Little Mermaid.
- And of course, for those Frozen fans out there, decorate the space like a winter wonderland, make a delicious chocolate fondue and cut up fruits and cakes for dipping, and don’t forgot some yummy hot chocolate while watching the movie.
Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for that special Disney fan in your life? Here are a few of my favorites from the Disney Store. Just click the images for more information about each item and if you place an order, be sure to use promo code SHIPMAGIC to receive free shipping on purchases over $75. This is just a small sampling of what is available. The Disney Store has items for Princesses and Prince Charmings of every age and prices range from just a few dollars to thousands (contains affiliate links)!
Mickey Mouse Dangling Icon Earrings – $19
Mickey puts the ear in heart with these Mickey Mouse Icon Earrings. His distinctive silhouette features a large Swarovski crystal and dangles from a heart on this pair of sparkling earrings by the renowned Arribas Brothers.
Minnie Mouse Icon Necklace – $39.50
Minnie’s iconic outline is crafted with Swarovski crystals and accented with her fa-mouse bow on this dazzling necklace. Crystals add extra sparkle to the polka dots on this glamorous reminder of your visit to the Park.
Disney Sketch Wristlet by Dooney & Bourke – $88
Carry your small essentials in this strapping handbag by Dooney & Bourke. Mickey’s fine fashion fun-purse comes to you direct from the Disney Parks and the designer label you love.
Mickey Mouse Icon Ring – $175 (Silver)
Mickey puts his head together and comes up with this contemporary styled ring. Part of the Disney Dream Collection, this band of alternating Mickey icons is available in a choice of sterling silver ($175) and gold ($1500) so Mickey will always be on hand.
Happy Valentine’s Day!