If you are a basketball fan planning a visit to Walt Disney World in summer 2019 and beyond, Disney has something on its way just for you – The NBA Experience in Disney Springs. Here are the latest details courtesy of Disney:
For the first time, Walt Disney World Resort is giving guests and basketball fans a glimpse of the exciting action coming to the new NBA Experience at Disney Springs in summer 2019. This one-of-a-kind destination – developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with the NBA – will feature hands-on activities that immerse guests into the world of professional basketball.
“Developed with the NBA, and inspired by the league’s 29 arenas around the country, NBA Experience will highlight the heart-pounding action and excitement of the NBA world,” said Stan Dodd, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “From training simulations and clock-racing competitions to fan-favorite NBA moments – we’re bringing new experiences and thrilling games to life to make fans truly feel like a star player.”
“The Walt Disney Imagineering team has unparalleled expertise in creating best-in-class attractions for the millions of guests who visit their parks each year,” said Salvatore LaRocca, President, Global Partnerships, NBA. “The NBA Experience will be a destination for basketball fans from all over the world, and we are excited to partner with Disney to bring new and lifelong fans closer to the game.”
NBA Experience will feature something for everyone. Visitors will get a glimpse into the atmosphere at the NBA Draft, participate in their own scouting reports, go through pregame preparations, and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks. With a dozen unique and innovative activities, guests will:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games.
In addition to these games and competitions, NBA Experience will also include a retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Although I will always miss Disney Quest, this actually looks really cool
This definitely looks interesting. I’m not a huge basketball fan, so I really wish they had gone in a different direction with an updated version of DisneyQuest. Hopefully the new NBA Experience will do well at Disney Springs, at least better than the less spectacular version that closed at Universal. 🙂