Hey water park fans, exciting news! For a limited time, a brand new event known as the “Frozen” Games will be held each day this summer at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Here’s everything you need to know about this fun happening courtesy of Disney:
For the first time in forever, Olaf’s wish to experience summer fun with his friends will come true when he and Kristoff, stars of the hit Disney animated film “Frozen,” host the inaugural “Frozen” Games this summer at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
The “Winter Games Committee” has decided to take advantage of the magical snowstorm over Blizzard Beach and host daily activities this summer. The committee members have even invited Kristoff and Olaf to lead teams of guests in a fun day of “Frozen” activities.
From May 27 to August 21, 2016, guests of all ages visiting Blizzard Beach may choose to join Team Kristoff or Team Olaf to participate in a variety of winter-themed activities throughout each day, including:
- Ice Pail Relays – teams will line up and pass pails of water quickly from one person to the next, trying to fill a container. The team that fills their container first is the winner.
- Snowball Toss – pairs compete in a snow-themed water balloon toss from progressively greater distance. The pair that gets the farthest apart without breaking its water balloon is the winner.
- Ski Pole Limbo – guests play limbo, using a ski pole as the limbo stick.
- Slide Races – teams race down one of the signature water slides at Blizzard Beach, and much more!
Olaf and Kristoff will take part in the “Frozen” Games’ opening and closing ceremonies by appearing on the Observation Deck near the Summit Plummet attraction each day, accompanied by trumpet fanfare, banners and music. Additionally, one lucky guest will be chosen each morning to be the Ski Captain and thus the first guest to take the plunge down Summit Plummet, signaling the start of the “Frozen” Games.
From the observation deck, Olaf and Kristoff will give regular updates throughout the day on their teams’ progress and achievements, as well as announce the winning team of the “Frozen” Games.
The “Frozen” Games are an all-day event at Blizzard Beach, beginning shortly after the park opens. Guests can sign up at the park entrance, and all activities are included with regular park admission.
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!