So you are planning a vacation to Disney World in June?
June is a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World!
The weather in Disney World during June is hot and rainy. The average high is about 91 degrees, the average low is about 71 degrees, and the average rainfall is about 8.32 inches. You can expect some rain every afternoon or evening, so be sure to bring your poncho!
You can anticipate the crowd levels throughout the month of June to remain fairly consistent as many families enjoy a summer vacation to the most magical place on earth. Unlike Spring Break or Christmas, summer travelers are spread out over a three month time frame making this a much more manageable time of year to visit.
June 1 – June 4
Average Crowd Level 7.3 out of 10
June 5 – June 11
Average Crowd Level 8.0 out of 10
June 12 – June 18
Average Crowd Level 7.0 out of 10
June 19 – June 25
Average Crowd Level 7.4 out of 10
June 26 – June 30
Average Crowd Level 7.4 out of 10
Open most days from 9am – 10pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 8:30pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 11pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
For specific hours on each day during June, please click this link. Remember that park hours are subject to change and are often adjusted two weeks prior.
Unfortunately with construction beginning on Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios, the fan-favorite Star Wars Weekends that historically took place this time of year will not be held in 2016. Stay tuned, and I’ll be sure to update this post if Disney plans any summer events.
Periodically throughout the year, Disney closes attractions for refurbishments and enhancements. Here are the currently scheduled closures during June (subject to change without notice):
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: April 4 – July 15, 2016
Soarin’: January 4 – June 16, 2016
Pandora – The World of AVATAR: Opening in 2017
No Scheduled Refurbishments At This Time
Fulton’s Crab House: May 1 – December 31, 2016
Boardwalk Inn: Flying Fish Café February 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016
Walt Disney World Dolphin: Guest Room Refurbishments To Be Completed In 2017
Wilderness Lodge: Hidden Springs Quiet Pool, Resort Beach, Playground and Fire Pit To Be Completed In 2017
If you are traveling to Disney World in June 2016, your planning is probably well under way at this point. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are on track:
- Make sure you have created your My Disney Experience account. If you haven’t, click here to sign up now.
- If you haven’t already made your dining reservations, be sure to make them now by clicking here.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to customize your MagicBand on your My Disney Experience account by picking the color and adding your name. And if you really want to make your MagicBand special, personalize it with your own custom designed MagicBand Skin from Magic YOUR Band. Click here to get started!
- Now is a great time to research what attractions you and your family would like to see at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Because Walt Disney World is so large, it is very difficult to see everything during one trip, so be sure to get everyone’s top priorities. This is also a great time to begin looking at menus for counter service restaurants so that you have an idea of which locations serve foods that your entire family will enjoy.
- Whether you are staying on site or off-property, be sure to purchase your admission tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account.
- Once your tickets are linked and at exactly 60 days in advance of your check in date (midnight EST time) if you are staying on site or 30 days in advance for all other guests, login to your My Disney Experience account and book your Fastpass+ reservations.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to check in online at 60 days out from your arrival date.
- Double check your flight times and if you will be using Disney’s Magical Express for your airport transportation make your reservation at least 60 days in advance by clicking here.
- It’s never too early to start creating a packing list so that you don’t forget anything.
- Need more help planning? Please check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation, for hundreds of insider tips and secrets for having the most magical Disney World vacation possible!
If you haven’t already made your June 2016 reservations, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money:
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Join The Fun
Disney Vacation Planner Jennifer Hardy and I have teamed up to create a new Facebook Group called Next Disney Vacation! It is the perfect place to talk about your next Disney vacation, ask your questions, get them answered, and share the magic. Everyday you’ll find posts, photos, trivia, tips, and more that we find all throughout the Disney Universe. If you’re counting the days until your next Disney vacation or just dreaming of one, we would love to have you join in the fun! Please click here to be a part of our group!