Can you believe that Christmas is only a couple of months away? Disney World is already selling tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and booking Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages. In honor of the upcoming holiday season, I thought it would be fun to take a look at some festive facts about Christmastime in Disney World. Thanks to Disney for the trivia!
Miles of garland, glitter, twinkling lights and ribbon transform Walt Disney World Resort into a winter wonderland during the holiday season. Here’s a sample of what guests will experience throughout the Vacation Kingdom:
- 1,300 decorated trees throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- A wreath 25 feet in diameter adorning the Cirque du Soleil building at Disney Springs
- 10 miles of twinkling rope lights in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations for 27 resorts, 4 theme parks, Disney Springs and other locations
- 15 miles of garland strung and 1,314 wreaths hung throughout the Vacation Kingdom
- 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows draping over Christmas trees across property
- 8.5 million lights strung throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- 98 percent of the lighting used for holiday décor is LED, 2 percent is compact florescent
- 11 countries dressed for Holidays Around the World at Epcot World Showcase
- More than 200 guest choirs during the entire run of Candlelight Processional
- A Christmas tree in Magic Kingdom with a base 26 feet wide
- One 70-foot-tall tree takes center stage in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby featuring nearly 35,800 white LED lights
- The 45-foot-tall tree in the lobby of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge features authentic African decor of handmade baskets and reproductions of traditional African masks
- 365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop in Disney Springs
- 170 Costumed performers and 15 floats dazzle Main Street, U.S.A. in Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at Magic Kingdom
- 6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
- One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating
- One life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!