So you are planning a vacation to Disney World in February 2016?
February is a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World!
The weather in Disney World during February can get chilly. The average high is about 73 degrees, the average low is about 50 degrees, and the average rainfall is about 2.71 inches. This is one the coldest months of the year, and it can sometimes drop into the 40’s. Be sure to pack accordingly!
The crowds in February vary from low to high. President’s Day Weekend the crowds are high and during the rest of the month the crowds are low to moderate.
February 1 – February 6
Average Crowd Level 4.2 out of 10
February 7 – February 13
Average Crowd Level 6.1 out of 10
February 14 – February 20
Average Crowd Level 8.7 out of 10
February 21 – February 27
Average Crowd Level 4.9 out of 10
February 28 – February 29
Average Crowd Level 6.5 out of 10
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 9pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 7pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
Open most days from 9am – 5pm (plus Extra Magic Hours)
For specific hours on each day during February, please click this link. Remember that park hours are subject to change and are often adjusted two weeks prior.
If you will be celebrating Valentine’s Day in Disney World, there are so many wonderful ways to enjoy the holiday. Try a couples treatment at one of the spas, a romantic fireworks cruise or dessert party, a delicious meal at one of the many signature restaurants, a cozy horse-drawn carriage ride at Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans, an exciting married proposal on the beach at the Polynesian Village Resort during Wishes, and then top your evening off with a thoughtful gift from Disney Floral delivered to right to your room like this adorable “Minnie’s Garden”. For more Valentine’s Day gift ideas from Disney Floral, please click here.
Periodically throughout the year, Disney closes attractions for refurbishments and enhancements. Here are the currently scheduled closures during February (subject to change without notice):
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: January 18 – February 11, 2016
Mad Tea Party: February 22 – February 26, 2016
Magic Carpets of Aladdin: January 25 – February 3, 2016
Frozen Ever After: October 5 – May 1, 2016
Soarin’: January 4 – June 1, 2016
The Circle of Life: February 7 – April 2, 2016
Pizza Planet: January 11 – TBD
Star Wars Land: Opening TBD
Toy Story Land: Opening TBD
Boneyard: February 22 – March 17, 2016
Flights of Wonder: January 25 – March 17, 2016
Kali River Rapids: January 4 – February 11, 2016
Pandora – The World of AVATAR: Opening TBD
Rivers of Light: Opening in 2016
Typhoon Lagoon: Park Closed January 4 – March 12, 2016
Planet Hollywood: January 1 – June 1, 2016
All Star Movies: Duck Pond Pool February 22 – 24, 2016
Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kilimanjaro Lounge January 11 – February 5, 2016
Art of Animation: Schoolyard Sprayground January 1 – March 11, 2016
Bay Lake Tower: Bay Cove Pool February 1 – March 18, 2016
Boardwalk Inn: Flying Fish Café February 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016, Luna Park Pool January 11 – February 2, 2016
Caribbean Beach Resort: Barbados Quiet Pool February 17 – 19, 2016, Aruba Pool February 22 – April 15, 2016
Contemporary Resort: Bay Cove Pool February 1 – March 18, 2016
Polynesian Village Resort: Polynesian East Pool To Be Completed In 2016
Pop Century: Bowling Pin Pool February 16 – March 1, 2016
Port Orleans Riverside: Ol’ Man Island Pool January 11 – February 29, 2016, Alligator Bayou Pool B February 10 – 11, 2016, Alligator Bayou Pool C February 15 – 16, 2016
Walt Disney World Dolphin: Guest Room Refurbishments 2016 – 2017
Wilderness Lodge: Hidden Springs Quiet Pool, Resort Beach, Playground and Fire Pit To Be Completed In 2017
If you are traveling to Disney World in February 2016, your planning is probably well under way at this point. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are on track:
- Make sure you have created your My Disney Experience account. If you haven’t, click here to sign up now.
- If you haven’t already made your dining reservations, be sure to make them now by clicking here.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to customize your MagicBand on your My Disney Experience account by picking the color and adding your name. And if you really want to make your MagicBand special, personalize it with your own custom designed MagicBand Skin from Magic YOUR Band. Click here to get started!
- Now is a great time to research what attractions you and your family would like to see at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Because Walt Disney World is so large, it is very difficult to see everything during one trip, so be sure to get everyone’s top priorities. This is also a great time to begin looking at menus for counter service restaurants so that you have an idea of which locations serve foods that your entire family will enjoy.
- Whether you are staying on site or off-property, be sure to purchase your admission tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account.
- Once your tickets are linked and at exactly 60 days in advance of your check in date (midnight EST time) if you are staying on site or 30 days in advance for all other guests, login to your My Disney Experience account and book your Fastpass+ reservations.
- If you are staying on site, be sure to check in online at 60 days out from your arrival date.
- Double check your flight times and if you will be using Disney’s Magical Express for your airport transportation make your reservation at least 60 days in advance by clicking here.
- It’s never too early to start creating a packing list so that you don’t forget anything.
- Need more help planning? Please check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation, for hundreds of insider tips and secrets for having the most magical Disney World vacation possible!
If you haven’t already made your February 2016 reservations, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save money:
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Join The Fun
Disney Vacation Planner Jennifer Hardy and I have teamed up to create a new Facebook Group called Next Disney Vacation! It is the perfect place to talk about your next Disney vacation, ask your questions, get them answered, and share the magic. Everyday you’ll find posts, photos, trivia, tips, and more that we find all throughout the Disney Universe. If you’re counting the days until your next Disney vacation or just dreaming of one, we would love to have you join in the fun! Please click here to be a part of our group!