I love barbecue! Growing up in Kansas City, loving barbecue is practically required. Now living in Colorado, I miss all of my favorite BBQ spots like Gates, Joe’s, Haywards, Zarda…the list goes on and on. Believe me, every time I go home, I always try to get my fill and pick up a few bottles of sauce to get me through until my next trip. When I’m vacationing in Disney World and spending the day in Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree Barbecue is a perfect dining location for this KC gal to get her fix! All loyal BBQ fans know that the sauce can “make or break” the meal so imagine my delight when Disney recently released their recipe for the delicious Flame Tree Barbecue sauce. If you are planning an end-of-summer cook out at your house, give it a try!
Ingredients – Makes 1 Cup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons onion powder
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
This looks really Tasty !! Might need to work that into an upcoming WDW visit.