Here’s some “out of this world” news for guests planning to visit Disney World during Star Wars Weekends this year. Disney has added a new feature called the Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience. This interstellar hangout will be available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening from 4pm to 9pm May 15 to June 14, 2015. Here’s the scoop from Disney:
Bring your tastes and take your place in this makeshift home of visiting pilots, renegades and smugglers. Enter the Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience! Once a thriving port in a system in the Outer Rim, this abandoned space now serves as a rest stop and hangout for cosmic travelers of all kinds. Explore the bounty of sights and sounds as you pass through the entryway—framed by the remnants long-abandoned spacecraft and other vehicles. Then, get ready for Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings as only a galaxy far, far away can supply.
Look for a menu full of Star Wars-themed food and beverage offerings that are out of this world:
- Pilot’s Pomme Frites – these are tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley with a garlic aioli for dipping
- Ensalada Naboo – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- The Dark Fried – Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Slider Sampler featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Fruit and Cheese “Sabers” featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries, raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Chips & Sith – hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
- Trio of Star Wars mini cupcakes, including Mini Darth Vader (chocolate-peanut butter), Mini Yoda (chocolate-hazelnut), and Mini Jabba the Hutt (salted caramel latte) served in the Han Solo Carbonite Souvenir Box
A new drink menu will also be available:
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
- Alderaan Ale
Don’t miss your chance to enjoy these unique intergalactic offerings – be sure to book your reservation online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE!
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
I’d love too. Reservations sold out 😦
Don’t give up hope yet. Sometimes they release more times or there are cancellations. I’ve gotten some really hard to come by reservations by checking each day up until my trip. Best of luck! 🙂