As we celebrate Star Wars Day, it is hard to believe that it is just a few days until the kick off of Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you haven’t attended this event before, it is a one-of-kind extravaganza for fans of the incredibly popular Star Wars franchise. Filled with celebrity appearances, special experiences, unique merchandise, tasty treats, and favorite classics, Star Wars Weekends is sure to be a hit with the Star Wars junkie in your family. With so much going on during these action packed weekends from May 15 through June 14, I thought it would be a good idea to pass along all of the information that has been released so far. Here’s everything you need to know if you will be attending this year’s celebration! (information and photos courtesy of Disney)
Surround yourself in the Star Wars Weekends experience—from talk shows and motorcades to spectacular nighttime fireworks featuring many favorite characters from the Star Wars universe.
Stormtroopers at the Gate – Hollywood and Vine Intersection
Encounter a duo of troublesome Imperial Stormtroopers while they ready a welcome surprise from the Dark Side. Their mission—to keep all “Rebel Scum” out—quickly shifts, commemorating the official opening of the park and the start of Star Wars Weekends!
Boba Fett Patrol
Keep an eye peeled for Boba Fett as he strolls and patrols the Star Wars Weekends Event Stage. But be wary, or you could end up his next target!
Beware the Empire’s finest as they impart Imperial info and put on their own unique brand of investigation. Proceed with caution as you make your way around the Star Wars Weekends Event Stage or you just might become the focus of their next interrogation!
Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade
Marvel at a grand motorcade featuring several of your favorite Star Wars Characters and celebrities. The procession begins at the front of the park and travels all the way to the Star Wars Weekends Event Stage—concluding with a grand celebrity welcome.
Symphony in the Stars
Bring your day in a galaxy far, far away to an epic conclusion with a finale celebration—Symphony in the Stars! Featuring popular Star Wars characters, it’s an interstellar frenzy of fireworks you won’t want to miss—made all the more memorable with Made with Magic effects.
Padawan Mind Challenge
Join a pair of wacky intergalactic hosts for a series of fun and interactive Star Wars trivia challenges. Designed for ages 4 to 11, the Padawan Mind Challenge is a perfect opportunity to watch your little ones wield their mental force alongside popular Star Wars Characters—with a few other surprises tossed in too.
Adventures at Theater of the Stars
Soak up the spectacle as popular Star Wars Characters and actors appear at Theater of the Stars!
Some of the scheduled events include:
- Star Wars Rebels
Listen closely as stars from Star Wars Rebels reveal the fascinating art of voice acting, as utilized throughout the Star Wars saga and beyond.
- Stars of the Saga Star Wars Celebrity Talk Show
Kick back with your Star Wars Weekends host during a 30-minute, Star Wars-themed talk show that’s as entertaining as it is surprising. Enjoy an inside look at the fascinating lives and movie-making adventures with some of the stars from the Star Wars saga. Be sure to arrive on time—you just might see an Imperial Stormtrooper patrol on special assignment before the stars arrive!
- Obi-Wan and Beyond starring James Arnold Taylor
Feel the force flowing as James Arnold Taylor from Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes his audience on a fun and fascinating journey into the world of voice acting. Don’t miss this Star Wars Weekends exclusive as James performs over 200 popular and iconic characters!
Get up close to an actual star from the Star Wars saga during autograph sessions, live entertainment showcases and even a grand celebrity motorcade.
Feel the Power of the Force in Person
Come face-to-face with an assortment of celebrities from all across the Star Wars universe. Some of the events you can expect to experience throughout Star Wars Weekends include:
- Autograph Sessions
- Legends of the Force – A grand celebrity motorcade featuring a galaxy of favorite Star Wars Characters and actors
- Stars of the Saga – A talk show and Q&A hosted by James Arnold Taylor—voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels—with a special pre-show featuring everyone’s favorite stormtroopers
Interstellar Celebrity Appearances
Encounter Star Wars Celebrities and characters for special shows, presentations, autographs and more.
Weekend I (May 15 – 17)
- Ian McDiarmid: Senator/Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Amy Allen: Aayla Secura (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend II (May 22 – 24)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend III (May 29 – 31)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend IV (June 5 – 7)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend V (June 12 – 14)
- Frank Oz: Yoda (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; Star Wars Rebels)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: A New Hope; Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)
Disney FASTPASS Ticket Required for Celebrity Autographs
An extremely limited number of FASTPASS tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis. FASTPASS tickets can be found at the main entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, to the right of the turnstiles. Based on demand, distribution may begin prior to park opening.
You must have a FASTPASS ticket to receive an autograph! To receive a FASTPASS ticket:
- Join the line of the celebrity you would most like to meet. You may not save a place in line for other party members.
- While in line, you will receive a wristband. Your wristband along with your theme park ticket or pass will entitle you to receive one autograph FASTPASS ticket. Only one autograph FASTPASS ticket will be distributed per Guest. Each Guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS ticket. You may not get FASTPASS tickets for other members of your party.
After receiving your FASTPASS ticket, continue to wear your wristband. You will need to be wearing your wristband to get an autograph. Your FASTPASS ticket will have a designated autograph return time. Until that time, you may enjoy other Star Wars Weekends activities. At your designated time, proceed to the indoor Celebrity Autograph Location just off Commissary Lane near Star Tours – The Adventure Continues to show your wristband and present your FASTPASS ticket.
Once FASTPASS tickets for visiting celebrities are distributed, we may distribute a limited number of “stand-by” tickets with a return time. “Stand-by” tickets do not guarantee you an autograph.
Please note: Receiving a FASTPASS ticket for an autograph at Star Wars Weekend will not restrict you from reserving access with FastPass+ for additional attractions, entertainment and more at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Bring a piece of Star Wars Weekends home—take your pick from a galaxy of must-have collectibles and Star Wars-themed treasures.
Darth’s Mall – Purchase Keepsakes, You Must!
Make for the stars with interstellar souvenirs, special edition pins, artist signings and so much more.
This year, celebrate your love for a galaxy far, far away with an assortment of merchandise, courtesy of Darth’s Mall—located at a new and expanded location near the Streets of America.
From limited edition collectibles to commemorative apparel, there are dozens of Star Wars Weekends items available for the entire family, including:
- Art & collectibles gallery
- Custom Aurebesh name tags
- Star Wars graphic MagicBands
- Star Wars D-Tech Me Experience
- Build-your-own droid station
- Build-your-own lightsaber station
- Her Universe merchandise
- LEGO interactive build station
- Artist signings
Get up close with many of your favorite Star Wars Characters! Discover dozens of icons from the Dark Side—and the Light—all around Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends!
Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters and More
Feel the power of the Force with some of the most popular Characters throughout the Star Wars saga.
No matter where your allegiance lies, prepare yourself for unforgettable encounters as you come face-to-face with the galaxy’s most popular heroes—and a few of its most fearsome villains too!
Be on the lookout for interstellar Character Greeting opportunities all across the park, including:
- Members of the Rebel Alliance Near Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- The Dark Side near Darth’s Mall
- Members of the Jedi Council near Mickey Avenue
- Stars of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on the Streets of America
- Disney Pals as Star Wars Stars near the Event Stage
- Star Wars Celebrity Autographs at a new indoor location near Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Dine alongside heroes and villains during Star Wars Weekends, or watch the celebrity motorcade and fireworks from a reserved premium viewing area with a Premium Package!
This breakfast is being served at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre restaurant and includes characters such as Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Greedo, Jawas and Stormtroopers. The meal is offered from 8:00am to 11:00am and the price is $49.99 for adults and $31.99 for children ages 3 to 9 years old.
This dinner is being served at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant and includes characters such as Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Darth Vader Goofy, Storm Trooper Donald and Ewoks Chip ‘n’ Dale. The meal is offered from 4:15pm to 8:00pm and is complete with special music, décor and a themed menu. The price is $57.99 for adults and $34.99 for children ages 3 to 9 years old.
This package includes the dinner at Hollywood and Vine as well as reserved seating at the first Fantasmic! show. The price is $63.99 for adults and $38.99 for children ages 3 to 9 years old.
Feel the Force Premium Package
The Force is stronger with a Feel the Force Premium Package during Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This out-of-this-world event package includes:
- A reserved viewing area with soft drinks and water for the Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade.
- Reserved seating for one of the Celebrity Talk Shows in Theater of the Stars at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Show time will be selected at check-in. There are a limited amount of seats per show and times are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A reserved viewing location for the nightly Symphony in the Stars fireworks show, paired with…
- A Star Wars-themed dessert party with specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Guests can purchase Feel the Force Premium Packages for $69 per adult or $39 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included). Be sure to purchase in advance—ticket quantities are limited.
Feel the Force Deluxe Premium Package
Expand your universe of choices by upgrading to a Feel the Force Deluxe Premium Package. The Deluxe package includes all the benefits of the standard package, and more:
- A reserved viewing area with soft drinks and water for Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade at the front of the park at the parade start, with the opportunity to follow the motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard!
- Reserved seating for ALL of the Celebrity Talk Shows in Theater of the Stars on the day of the package!
- A reserved viewing location for the Symphony in the Stars fireworks and Star Wars-themed dessert party with specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Priority access to mega-popular Darth’s Mall, the Star Wars merchandise mecca (in a new location across from Studio Catering Co.) throughout the day of the package, plus…
- Your own commemorative lanyard and credential to honor the special day.
The Feel the Force Deluxe Premium Package can be purchased for $99 per adult or $64 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included). Deluxe tickets can be purchased by calling (407) 939-3463 only—online booking is not available for Deluxe tickets. Be sure to purchase your Deluxe package in advance—ticket quantities are limited!
Disney VIP Tour Services Presents The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends
Celebrate a galaxy far, far away during an Ultimate VIP Tour designed to surprise and delight Star Wars fans of all ages! This Will Be a Day Long Remembered – See a new side of the greatest saga ever told with this one-of-a-kind tour, presented by Disney VIP Tour Services.
By decree of the Jedi Council, a limited number of Guests can gain special access to several interstellar offerings at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Prepare yourself for The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends!
Don’t miss this chance to blast off into hyperspace alongside your VIP guide for a series of exclusive experiences, including:
- Premium seating for Star Wars Weekends shows at Theater of the Stars, such as Stars of the Saga—a Star Wars-themed talk show that’s as entertaining as it is surprising
- Expedited access to attractions like Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Midway Mania! and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Reserved viewing location during the Legends of the Force Motorcade
- One (1) opportunity to meet a Character from the Dark Side
- Early access to Darth’s Mall—no waiting required
- Private deluxe continental breakfast at The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Table-service lunch at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Post-tour access to the Jedi Training Academy for your Padawans
Plus, after your guided experience comes to a close, you’ll have time to enjoy the park on your own before ending your day the Ultimate way with VIP viewing of the Summon the Force finale show and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks spectacular!
The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends is available for $399 per Guest (tax not included) and takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday—May 15 to June 14, 2015. In addition, all DVC Members, Annual Passholders and Disney Rewards Visa Cardholders will receive a 15% discount!
For booking, please call (407) WDW-TOUR. Advanced reservations are highly recommended as this special tour will fill up quickly. Theme park admission is not included and is required.
Feel the power of the Force during a 3D, motion-simulated space flight that launches you into the world of Star Wars.
Explore a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Blast off on a thrilling tour of the Star Wars universe aboard a Starspeeder 1000. Voyage to amazing alien worlds — like Tatooine, Naboo or Hoth — and come face to face with the likes of Yoda, Princess Leia or even Darth Vader.
Featuring state-of-the-art technology—including a flight simulator, digital 3D video, Audio-Animatronics characters and “in cockpit” special effects and music—Star Tours: The Adventure Continues realistically immerses you in the Star Wars mythology for an unforgettable intergalactic adventure.
Hurry along the forest moon of Endor—home to rustic Ewok cottages and a towering AT-AT—and make your way through a sleek Rebel bunker to a bustling Star Tours spaceport. Inside, behold R2-D2 and C-3PO tinkering away on a Starspeeder 1000—your cosmic transportation vehicle—amid a throng of projection screens, glowing scanners and blinking droids.
Weave your way up a ramp past customs and baggage screening before picking up a pair of 3D flight glasses and continuing to your departure gate. Following instructions from an overhead monitor, board your interstellar space vehicle for a journey through the darkest reaches of the solar system.
Become a Hero of the Rebellion!
As you prepare for lift-off, a series of mishaps unwittingly causes your starship to launch and C-3PO to take control. Suddenly, your space cruiser is intercepted by Empire forces. Fearing capture, C-3PO pilots your ship on an unpredictable flight that will rocket you to the farthest reaches of the galaxy and back!
Tour the Universe
During your voyage, interact with many of the otherworldly characters and places made famous in the Star Wars saga.
Hold on tight as you navigate jagged desert rocks in a dusty pod race on Tatooine. Maneuver around menacing AT-ATs during a whirlwind battle on the icy planet of Hoth. Hyperspace to the watery planet of Naboo and avoid the clutches of a giant fish or retreat inside the dreaded Death Star to escape Darth Vader before doing battle with Boba Fett.
Will your starspeeder elude capture and safely transport you—and the rebel spy—safely back to the Alliance base? May the Force be with you.
New and Different Adventures
With over 50 story combinations, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue invites you to experience a unique adventure almost every time.
Just as the Star Wars film saga takes moviegoers to new worlds, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue features a constellation of storylines and interplanetary destinations that will immerse you in the Star Wars galaxy. And because the many story twists are random, you just never know where in the universe you’ll go or who you may encounter along the way.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue features characters and settings from both the original trilogy of Star Wars films and their newer prequels.
Distant destinations you may visit include:
- The Wookies’ woodland home planet, Kashyyyk
- The underwater realms on Naboo
- The bustling city-planet of Coruscant
- The desert planet of Tatooine
- The icy landscape of Hoth
- The dreaded Death Star
In addition to C-3PO and R2-D2, you may encounter:
- Darth Vader
- Princess Leia
- Boba Fett
- Admiral Ackbar
Where will the Force take you?
Junior Jedi knights learn to use the Force at this 20-minute training academy as they prepare to meet the Dark Side.
Calling All Potential Padawans!
Kids between the ages of 4 and 12, don a brown robe and pledge the Jedi Oath under the tutelage of a Jedi Master. The brilliant Star Wars fanfare stirs your spirit as you learn how to use The Force—and your wit—to wield your lightsaber. Behold how the Jedi Master hones your battle skills, for you never know when you will have to defend yourself against the Dark Side!
The Dark Side Beckons
There is a disturbance in the Force and Stormtroopers arrive—could Darth Vader himself be far behind? Take the ultimate test and see if you can defeat the Dark Side as you alone battle this Dark Lord of the Sith! If you succeed, you will receive a certificate proclaiming you a true Jedi Knight.
May the Force be with you!
Tasty Themed Treats
There is always lots of delicious food including some yummy Star Wars themed treats like these cupcakes.
May The 4th Be With You!
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!