Another exciting change is coming to Downtown Disney aka Disney Springs – Planet Hollywood is getting a complete redesign! Scheduled to close on January 1, the transformation process should be complete by summer 2016. Here’s what is in store for us when it reopens:
- The restaurant will be reimagined to become an observatory to fit the turn-of-the-century mining town theme of Disney Springs.
- The name will be changed to Planet Hollywood Observatory.
- Once complete, the globe will be surrounded by a brick exterior.
- Outside, the neon Planet Hollywood Sign will be reworked into a water tower.
- An outdoor terrace and bar space called Stargazers will be added and will feature live entertainment.
- The music in the main dining room is to feature a DJ.
- The interior will be changed and will feature a high-tech planetarium with constellations and stars on the ceiling.
- Hollywood movie features will still be able to be played to hold true to the restaurant’s original vision.
- Both the restaurant and lounge will continue to showcase Hollywood costumes and props to keep with a “Dine Amongst the Stars” theme.
- The food menu will also get an overhaul; keeping some classic favorites as well as adding some new flavors.
- Look for a revamped beverage menu to include an eclectic mix of sodas, shakes, smoothies, beer, wine, and cocktails.
- The price point should remain about $20 per person.
Heading to Disney World soon?
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here!