Every year Magic Kingdom celebrates the Halloween season with the family friendly Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party on select nights during autumn. There are special parades, exciting dance parties, stunning fireworks, and tons of trick-or-treating stations filled with candy for everyone! Adults and children alike really get into the spirit of the event by dressing in costume, trick-or-treating, and dancing the night away with all of the characters. Here are 13 frighteningly fun facts about this celebration courtesy of Disney:
Let’s boo this! Magic Kingdom Park celebrates fall with the family-friendly Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on select nights now through October 31, 2018. Here are 13 fun facts about this year’s event:
- 2018 marks 24 fantastically fun years of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party with 34 event nights.
- NEW! At Pirates of the Caribbean, guests interact with live pirates who encourage everyone to be on the lookout for Gunpowder Pete, a scoundrel with an eye on the same treasure sought by Captain Jack Sparrow.
- NEW! The Mad Tea Party will take guests on a colorful teacup ride, as special lighting and other effects put a glowing nighttime spin on the attraction at night.
- NEW! Explorers visiting Space Mountain will hurtle through the blackness of deep space to the riffs of a hard-rockin’ soundtrack.
- NEW! Storybook Circus welcomes the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring favorite Disney Junior characters, including Doc McStuffins and Timon from “The Lion Guard.”
- NEW! In Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!
- The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world during the party for the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
- 176 individually themed, carved pumpkins adorn the balconies and windowsills of Main Street, U.S.A.
- A cast of 175 performers, float drivers, costumers, cosmetologists, decorators and maintenance cast members bring Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade to life, traveling 23 miles of parade route over the course of the season.
- Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade features event-exclusive characters, such as Dr. Facilier, Captain Barbosa, Oogie Boogie, the three hyenas from “The Lion King” – Shenzi, Banzai and Ed – plus three Hitchhiking Ghosts from The Haunted Mansion.
- The Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular is narrated by the Ghost Host from The Haunted Mansion and features many favorite Disney Villains who go trick-or-treating in the night sky.
- 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts enhance a not-too-spooky Halloween experience at The Haunted Mansion.
- More than 250 tons of candy, including 40 different kinds of brand-name candies, will be handed out to party guests at 14 tasty treat locations across the park.
It all adds up to zero tricks and countless treats that make Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party a memorable evening for all! Please click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!