If you are a Star Wars fan, you are probably already thrilled by the upcoming addition to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the currently under construction Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, slated to open in 2019. But to get your Star Wars fix in the meantime while you are awaiting opening day, Disney is hosting an out-of-this-world event on May 27, 2018…Star Wars: Galactic Nights. Here’s everything you need to know, courtesy of Disney:
Tickets are now on sale for the May 27 return of Star Wars: Galactic Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The one-night event celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with exclusive, out-of-this-world entertainment, encounters with Star Wars characters, a panel discussion with creators of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – a new land coming to the theme park in 2019, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise, specialty food & beverage and much more.
“Star Wars: Galactic Nights is an incredibly special event, and this is only the third time it’s been offered,” said Phil Holmes, vice president of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. “Combine all of the one-night-only experiences with the limited number of tickets available, and it’s easy to see why this night is wildly popular with casual Star Wars fans, super fans and Jedi Masters alike.”
Other treats in store for guests at this exclusive after-hours event include:
- Stunning Projections transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel. Jaw-dropping projection technology will bathe the theme-park icon with stunning images of locations from across the Star Wars Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting and, of course, the stellar Star Warscinematic score support each celestial scene all night long. These projections will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- New enhancements to Star Wars. The popular Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will glow with new show elements that debut at the May 27 event.
- Select theme park attractions will be open for event guests to enjoy including Star Tours – The Adventure Continues, Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania!, Muppet*Vision 3D, and Walt Disney Presents. There may even be a special Star Wars surprise on an attraction or two.
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on May 27 will be 7pm to midnight.
Tickets are available at all Walt Disney World ticket locations and are priced at $129 for adults and $124 for children ages 3-9 (discounts available for annual passholders and DVC members). Call 407-WDISNEY (407-934-7639) for event details and to make reservations. Tickets can also be purchased online by clicking here.
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!