Every year Magic Kingdom celebrates the Halloween season with the family friendly Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on select nights September through November 1. There are special parades, exciting dance parties, stunning fireworks, and tons of trick-or-treating stations filled with candy for everyone! Adults and children alike really get into the spirit of the event by dressing in costume, trick-or-treating, and dancing the night away with all of the characters. Here are 13 fun facts about this celebration courtesy of Disney:
- 23 miles of parade route — that’s how far Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade will travel over the course of the season
- 2015 marks 21 fantastically fun years of Mickey’s Not-so-Scary Halloween Party
- 586,000 photos of guests – that’s the number of images that the Disney Photo Imaging team took during last year’s Halloween event season
- 190 individually themed carved pumpkins adorn the balconies and windowsills of Main Street, U.S.A.
- More than 23,100 feet or about 4-1/4 miles of cable is installed for special lighting and sound effects that are part of the party’s Halloween entertainment
- A cast of 175, including performers, float drivers, costumers, cosmetologists, decorators and maintenance cast members, brings Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade to life
- 13 Disney characters are exclusive to Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade: Big Al, Captain Barbosa, Christopher Robin, Kanga and Roo, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed — the three hyenas from “The Lion King,” — plus three Hitch-Hiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion and Jack Skellington and Sally from “The Nightmare Before Christmas” — Jack and Sally are not in the parade, but instead available for meet and greets in Town Square.
- The Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular is narrated by the Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion and features many of your favorite Disney Villains who go trick or treating in the night sky
- 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts enhance a not-too-spooky Halloween experience at the Haunted Mansion
- More than 245 tons of candy will be handed out to party guests during the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties
- 40 different kinds of brand-name candies, including Skittles, M&Ms and Kit Kats, are included in three trick-or-treat candy mixes offered during the parties
- Guests can visit 13 tasty treat locations including 2 treat trails with 3 times the candy (one in Frontierland and another that runs from Tomorrowland to the new Storybook Circus)
- 0 Tricks and countless treats make Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party a memorable evening for all!
Still need tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Here’s all of the info:
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; October 1 – Advance: $68 (plus tax) for adults; $63 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- October 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, November 1 – Advance: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- Halloween – $87 (plus tax) for adults; $82 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
Here’s a little video from last year’s party to get you in the spirit!
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!