If you are a Star Wars fan, you are probably already thrilled by the upcoming addition to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the currently under construction Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, slated to open in 2019. But to get your Star Wars fix in the meantime while you are patiently (or not so patiently) awaiting opening day, Disney is offering a guided tour that is sure to be a hit with the entire family! So here’s everything you ever wanted to know about the Star Wars Guided Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios…
This five and a half hour tour begins at 8:00am (check in at 7:45am) at Guest Relations inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The cost is $99 per person (adult or child) including tax plus a separate admission to the park is required. The Star Wars Guided Tour is one of the most popular tours in all of Walt Disney World and is currently being offered every day Monday through Saturday. Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling 407-939-7529 and do book up quickly.
According to Disney, here’s what you get for your $99…
This guided voyage will have you:
- Seeing stars during a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Kylo Ren-dered speechless while witnessing 2 live stage shows — Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order — from a reserved viewing area
- Enrolling younglings ages 4 through 12 in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Launching into hyperspace aboard a Starspeeder 1000 on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Sinking your jawas into a Star Wars-inspired meal at Backlot Express
- Joining forces with new friends at a Chewbacca and Kylo Ren Character Greeting
- Orbiting around saga-centric exhibits featuring replica props, models, concept art and artifacts at Star Wars Launch Bay
- Experiencing a reserved viewing of the obi-wan and only Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular nighttime fireworks event
- Restoring freedom to your galaxy and taking a personalized souvenir of your tour home with you to commemorate your adventures
So is the Star Wars Guided Tour really worth the high cost of the ticket? Keep in mind you and the rest of the tour group will be able to skip the lines at Star Tours and to meet the characters without using your own Fastpass+, guarantee your kids age 4 through 12 one of the coveted spots in Jedi Training, have the best location in the park to see the Star Wars shows and fireworks without having to wait, receive a personalized name tag in addition to another special souvenir, dine on a Star Wars themed entrée and drink of your choice, all while being entertained and educated on the Star Wars Universe by one of Disney’s top-notch guides. For die-hard Star Wars fans, I would say the answer to that question is a definite YES!
Curious about your lunch options? Here are a few of the current selections (for the full menu, please click here)…
Royal Guard Burger – 1/3 lb Angus Beef Burger, topped with Barbecued Brisket, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
Dark Side Chicken and Waffles – Darth Vader Waffles topped with Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Maple Syrup
Galactic Chicken Salad – Mixed Greens topped with Grilled Chicken Breast, Crisp Wonton, Black Bean Relish and Avocado served with Vinaigrette Dressing
Want to add even more Star Wars to your trip or maybe you’re not ready to spend $99 per person for the Guided Tour? How about considering the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party? For only $79 per adult or $45 per child (price includes tax and gratuity) in addition to your regular park ticket, you can enjoy an endless array of desserts, specialty drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), reserved viewing spot for the nighttime fireworks event, as well as receiving a special Star Wars themed souvenir. For more information or to purchase dessert party tickets, please click here.
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!