Great news for fans of water parks and beach parties…returning to Typhoon Lagoon for summer 2023 are Disney H2O Glow After Hours! Here’s everything you need to know about this ultimate summer celebration, courtesy of Disney:
Surf’s up! Guests can look forward to swells of totally tropical fun this year, including the return of the vibrant, late-night party, H2O Glow After Hours, at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, the paradise-themed water park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
H2O Glow After Hours lights up starting May 20 on select nights through September 2. The glowing guest-favorite party allows guests to enjoy their favorite attractions under the stars for three hours (8-11pm) after the water park closes to daytime guests, giving everyone easier access to their favorite Typhoon Lagoon thrills.
Other “glow”rious event details include:
- Glow lighting effects and décor
- High-energy DJ dance parties
- Surprise character appearances
- Exclusive adult-only area
- Complimentary ice cream treats, popcorn and selected beverages
- Exclusive glow-themed food and beverage
Food and beverage items remain one of the main attractions at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and this year there will be several new items. A few gnarly new additions will be fruity new DOLE Whip flavors like watermelon, mango, pineapple, strawberry and raspberry available at Snack Shack; a Pineapple Upside Down Cone at Happy Landings; and a Barbeque Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Flatbread at Leaning Palms.
Plenty of traditional favorites will be available, too, such as the Moana and Hei Hei Ice Cream Cone and the iconic Sand Pail Sundae as well as savory snacks like Hand Battered Fish Tacos and Fish and Chips.
Adults can pair their delightful bites with tropical beverage items. Among the new drink offerings are the Kungaloosh Kooler, the Crush ‘N’ Gushed Red and White Sangrias and the Mayday Mojito Flight.
Guests can also look forward to the return of one of the water park’s signature attractions: The Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool. The largest outdoor wave pool in North America, the attraction uses state-of-the-art technology to create controlled waves up to six-feet high. Guests have two surfing options – “open surf’’ for small groups that involve 10 waves or “private surf’’ for groups of up to 25 people.
Other popular attractions that offer everything from exhilarating slides to “water-ful’’ play spaces include:
- Miss Adventure Falls, the fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer, sea-faring treasure hunter, got her haul caught in a rogue typhoon, which scattered her treasure across this tropical paradise years ago.
- Crush ‘N’ Gusher, a thrilling “water coaster” that features three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek, a scenic lazy river that encircles the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga, offering a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
Known for its immersive storytelling, unique water attractions and a variety of family fun offerings, the water park was themed after the fabled tale of a rogue storm and its ensuing tidal wave that wreaked havoc on what once was a pristine waterside paradise. Full of topsy-turvy architecture, storm-strewn nautical gear and a stranded ship impaled upon the summit of Mount Mayday, each intentional detail brings the maritime legend to life.
Disney H2O Glow After Hours Dates
Select Mondays and most Saturdays from May 20 through September 2, 2023:
- May 20 and 27
- June 3, 10, 17, and 24
- July 1, 3, 8, 15, 22, 29, and 31
- August 5, 12, 19, and 26
- September 2
Disney H2O Glow After Hours Times
8:00pm to 11:00pm (guests with event tickets may arrive early, beginning at 6:00pm)
Disney H2O Glow After Hours Tickets
Admission is $75 for adults (plus tax) and $70 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax). Tickets are now on sale for the limited-capacity event by clicking here.