If you love a delicious sandwich and you’re heading to Walt Disney World this year, you have plenty to be excited about. With several new restaurants already open at Disney Springs, get ready to get your fix of savory Spanish-style sandwiches, sangria and more coming in 2019 at Pepe by José Andrés. Here’s a first look:
José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup recently announced the upcoming opening of the first-ever brick-and-mortar location of its beloved Spanish food truck, Pepe by José Andrés, opening in 2019 at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Attached to the upcoming, lively new Jaleo location at Disney Springs, Pepe will feature an extensive menu of hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain. Additionally, salads, soups and sides along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu. Highlights include favorites such as:
- Pollo Frito, made with breaded chicken breast, alioli, bravas sauce, piparrapeppers, gem lettuce, and sherry dressing
- Serrano y Manchego, served on crispy Pan de Cristal with tomatofresco
- Bocatade Vegetales, made with roasted peppers, onion, green asparagus, spinach, and manchego cheese on Pan de Cristal.
“A bocata is a true taste of Spain, believe me. One bite and you are transported by the perfectly crunchy bread with all the flavors coming together in perfect harmony,” said Chef José Andrés. “Pepe has my favorite bocatas from all across Spain and I look forward to sharing them with guests at Disney Springs.”
The walls of Pepe are decorated with an elaborate mural by Marc Jesús, a famous Menorcan painter, featuring his ever-happy, blue-skinned female characters. The space, along with the adjoining Jaleo, was designed by celebrated Spanish designer Juli Capella and features a breathtaking exterior and vibrant, theatrical interior décor representing the colorful and dynamic culture of Spain.
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my updated book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!