So who else is excited? It feels like we’ve been waiting years for the new Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and now opening day is just around the corner. Disney has been slowly releasing information about the new Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, and Woody’s Lunch Box over the last few months and now we have a few fun facts about what we’re about to experience. Here’s the scoop courtesy of Disney:
Ready, set, play! The all-new Toy Story Land, coming this summer to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will give guests the sensation of shrinking to the size of a toy as they explore Andy’s backyard and see their favorite Toy Story characters larger than life.
Whether it’s an exciting ride on a family-friendly coaster, a spin on a toy rocket or a 3D adventure through carnival midway games, guests will be immersed in the playful world of toys.
And along the way, enough fun facts and “didn’t-know-that’s” to fill a toy chest:
- More than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.
- In Toy Story Land, Andy’s footprint is about 25 feet long or the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.
- It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s shoeprints.
- You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that tower over Toy Story Land.
- The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000 gallons of milk.
- Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one another.
Heading to Disney World soon?
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!