Exciting news, hungry Jungle Cruise fans! For a limited time, same day dining reservations will be accepted at the new Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom. From February 12 through February 27, guests will be able to make lunch or dinner reservations the very same day. All you will need to do is visit JungleSkipperCanteen.com or call 407-993-1933. This is a great opportunity to check out the newest restaurant in Magic Kingdom without having to plan six months in advance!
If you aren’t familiar with the place, this brand new table service restaurant located in Adventureland features tropical décor, exotic cuisine, and is hosted by your favorite Jungle Cruise skippers.
There are three dining rooms in this 222 seat restaurant:
- The crew’s colonial-era Mess Hall
- The Jungle Room – former family parlor of Dr. Albert Falls himself
- S.E.A. Room—a once-secret meeting place for the Society of Explorers and Adventurers
The menu is an adventurous one:
- Dr. Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak, a strip loin marinated in sofrito and served with yuca planks, avocado and house-made chimichurri
- Rice Noodle Bowl with an Asian pho broth with choice of chicken, duck breast or tofu served with jalapeños and mix of fresh herbs
- Trader Sam’s Head-on Shrimp, with sustainable, local, farm-raised shrimp tossed in a chili-garlic sauce and served with Chinese broccoli and choice of five-grain or white rice
- Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream – a vanilla chiffon cake with coconut and lime topped with white chocolate ganache
- Kungaloosh! – African-inspired chocolate cake is served with caramelized bananas and cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust
- Junior Skip’s Special Mac and Cheese is inspired by an Egyptian dish with ground beef, pasta, Béchamel Sauce and house-made cheese gratin, served with broccoli
- Amazon Annie’s House-made Arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans and queso fresco served with yuca planks
- Sizzling Savanna Grilled Flank Steak with steamed broccoli and fingerling potatoes
- Smiley’s Little Croc of Chicken Noodle Soup
- Kids Volcano! – gooey chocolate cake with caramel lava and exploding chocolate rocks
Two non-alcoholic specialties will be served:
- The Punch Line Punch – tropical fruit juice and mango puree (also available with a spiced rim for an extra zinger)
- The Schweitzer Slush – frozen apple juice and passion fruit topped with bursting green apple boba balls
Skipper’s Canteen is open daily at 11:00am – closing time varies depending on park hours. Hope you enjoy it!
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!