Welcome to the April 2015 edition of Disney World Reality vs. Rumor where we’ll take a look at the stories that are currently circulating to see which ones are confirmed and which ones are purely speculation.
Disney World Reality
- It has been confirmed that the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in Magic Kingdom will undergo a lengthy refurbishment from May 11 to September 25, 2015 to deal with the last row in the new boats taking on water, safety concerns after a guest seated in the back row lost a finger, and general maintenance.
- Disney has announced that an additional theatre is being added to Soarin’ and a third track is being added to Toy Story Mania to help accommodate the crowds.
- Disney has confirmed that Innoventions West will be closing at the end of April. No word yet on what may be replacing this attraction or if it is just being refurbished with new sponsors. Innoventions in Disneyland closed permanently in March of this year.
- It was leaked by Disney CEO Bob Iger at a shareholder’s meeting that Disney’s Hollywood Studios name will be changing.
- Disney recently announced that a new store featuring Super Hero merchandise will be opening in May in Disney Springs taking the place of the former United World Soccer store.
Disney World Rumor
- Permits were recently filed spurring speculation that a new restaurant will be built in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom. Rumors are that its theme will tie into the Jungle Cruise and it is currently being built under the tentative name of “Skipper’s Cantina”.
- There are some fresh rumors floating around that Epcot will be adding something new and exciting in 2016 not connected with Frozen. Check out this article for all that we know so far.
- There are also rumors that a new Soarin’ movie is being filmed that will replace the current film and will highlight well-known landmarks from around the world.
- There are continued rumors that Echo Lake, Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner, and Gertie the Dinosaur will be removed this year to make way for a Star Wars themed land in Hollywood Studios.
- There are still rumors that a Pixar Place/Toy Story Land may be built in Hollywood Studios using part of the space made available with the closing of the Backlot Tour.
- There is speculation that Disney may have plans to build a fifth park on the west side of the property where new hotels are currently being built. Rumors are that this park could be villain themed and open in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021. Wouldn’t that be amazing? Keeping my fingers crossed for this one!
Look for another edition of Disney World Reality vs. Rumor in June 2015!
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by getting a FREE quote from Destinations in Florida!
- Get the best prices on admission tickets by checking out these deals from Under Cover Tourist!