For today’s Friday favorites, I would like to share with you my picks for the best ways to beat the heat in Disney World. It’s that time of year again when kids are getting out of school for summer break and the temperatures and crowds are beginning to rise. By midday, you might be overwhelmed by the heat and wondering what you should do to escape. Here are my favorite ways to beat the heat at Disney World!
- Take A Nap This option is especially great for families with little ones. Head back to your hotel room for a cool shower and a peaceful nap. You’ll be refreshed and ready to go for the night.
- Go To The Pool Another terrific choice is to head for your resort pool during those scorching afternoon hours. Grab yourself a cool drink from the pool bar and take a relaxing dip!
- See The Shows This works well when you want to stay in the parks, but you still need a little break. Make your way to the large capacity air-conditioned theatres in the afternoon. Great choices are the Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor at the Magic Kingdom, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada, Reflections of China and American Adventure in Epcot, Muppet*Vision 3D at Hollywood Studios and It’s Tough to be a Bug at Animal Kingdom. Even during the busiest times, you can usually get into these shows quickly.
- Head To The Resorts Another wonderful possibility is to explore some of the resort hotels. If you are at the Magic Kingdom, hop on the monorail and check out the resorts on the loop. Have a cool beverage, do some shopping and play some games at one of the arcades. If you are at Epcot or Hollywood Studios, hop on the boat. Enjoy the cool breeze on your ride to the Crescent Lake resorts. Once there, explore the area and cool off with some ice cream from Beaches & Cream at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
- Go To Downtown Disney You can also escape to Downtown Disney to get a break from the heat. There are lots of exciting air-conditioned places for entertainment. You can bowl a few games at Splitsville, see a movie at AMC Dine In Theatre, buy souvenirs at World of Disney, enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants or play games at DisneyQuest.
So there you have it…my favorite ways to beat the heat in Disney World!
Do you have a favorite way to escape the heat while in Disney World? Please leave a comment!