For today’s Friday Favorites, I would like to share with you my picks for best Disney World nighttime activities. I love the ambience that Disney World has at night in the theme parks and beyond. Nighttime at Disney World is my favorite time of all! So without further ado, here are my picks for best nighttime activities in no particular order.
- Fireworks, Parades, Shows This one is a no brainer! Of course, one of the top nighttime activities has to be all of the stunning fireworks, parades and shows that the theme parks offer. At Magic Kingdom, you have Celebrate the Magic, the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. At Epcot, you have Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. And at Hollywood Studios, you have Fantasmic! All of these nighttime spectaculars are amazing!
- Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland My favorite part of Magic Kingdom at night is Tomorrowland. Something about all of those neon lights calls to me! My family and I love spending an entire night just soaking up the atmosphere of Tomorrowland. Our favorite nighttime ride is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. It is rarely crowded and it offers beautiful views of the Magic Kingdom after dark.
- Epcot’s World Showcase This is my favorite part of Epcot at night. I think it has a lot to do with the special lighting throughout the countries and the exhilarating feel that the World Showcase has at night. My family and I spend several nights of our trip touring this part of Epcot enjoying the shows, shops and snacks as we go.
- Downtown Disney If you are ready for a little break from the parks, Downtown Disney is a fun place to go at night. You have so many options here including dinner and a movie, shopping, drinks, bowling, video games and live entertainment. We love visiting Downtown Disney on the night we arrive in Disney World, when we are too tired from traveling to head into a park, but we are eager to get our vacation started!
- Arcade & Ice Cream This is a fun option when you are traveling with kids. My boys love video games so we always enjoy heading to Disney’s Beach Club Resort for some yummy ice cream at Beaches & Cream and then video games at the resort arcade.
- Mini Golf & Cupcakes Another entertaining option that is wonderful for the whole family! My family and I love mini golf, but it usually too hot for us to play during the day. We love spending one evening playing a round or two at Fantasia Gardens and Fairways near the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and then walking over to the Boardwalk Bakery for a delicious cupcake!
- Monorail Resort Hotels This is a very relaxing evening option especially for the adults in your group. We have a great time hopping on the monorail and going from resort to resort exploring, shopping and hitting up the lounges. If you time it right, you can even watch the Electrical Water Pageant from one of the resort’s beaches!
- Pizza & Games And if you are just too exhausted to go anymore, all of the resort hotels offer pizza delivery to your room. Get yourselves a couple Disney-themed games (we have Uno and Monopoly) at one of the shops and have an exciting family game night in your room!
So there you have it…my picks for best Disney World Nighttime activities!
Do you have a favorite Disney World nighttime activity? Please leave a comment!