For today’s Friday Favorites, I would like to share with you my picks for best Magic Kingdom counter service restaurants. There are so many great places, it’s hard to choose just a few, so I picked one location from each area of the park.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant Located in Fantasyland, this restaurant wins hands down for atmosphere. The beauty and attention to detail are amazing! You really feel like you are dining inside Beast’s castle. The menu offers a nod to French cuisine with selections like Nicoise salads, Quiche and Croque Monsieur. My favorite part of the meal, of course, is the wonderful selection of desserts. Be sure to try a cream puff or a fancy cupcake! Yummy! This particular restaurant is only counter service at lunch time.
- Casey’s Corner Located on Main Street USA, when picking this place, imagine eating at a baseball game! Fare includes specialty hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy and cracker jack. My favorite here is the tasty barbecue slaw dog. A great combination of sweet pulled pork and tangy coleslaw on top of a hot dog. You just can’t beat it!
- Columbia Harbour House Located in Liberty Square, this restaurant is perfect for the seafood lovers in your group. The selections include a tuna sandwich, a lobster roll, salmon, fried shrimp and battered fish. Being allergic to seafood myself, I always opt for the chicken nuggets when dining here with my family. These nuggets are deliciously well seasoned with a nice crunchy coating! This place routinely gets great reviews. Try dining in the upstairs area of this restaurant to get a break from the crowds.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café Located in Tomorrowland, this is another fan favorite. There are so many great things about this place. First, there are three different bays to order food so there is something for even the pickiest of eaters. Options include burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets and a rotisserie chicken meal complete with mashed potatoes and veggies! In addition, this restaurant has one of the best topping bars in the Magic Kingdom to dress up any of your meals. Lastly, there is an entertaining floor show put on by a Audio-Animatronic character named Sonny Eclipse that you are sure to enjoy!
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café Located in Frontierland, this is another great place for variety! Along with the usual burgers, you can also find onion rings, barbecue pulled pork and an awesome taco salad. What I love about the taco salad, is that it comes with just the tortilla bowl and meat, so that you can dress it up however you like with the tasty toppings from the bar. I get one of these on every trip!
- Tortuga Tavern Located in Adventureland, this is the place to get your Mexican food fix! Choices include chicken or beef burritos, nachos along with my favorite taco salad! This restaurant also offers a yummy tropical fruit slush made of passion fruit, orange and guava which tastes great alongside the spicy Mexican fare.
So there you have it…the best counter service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom! Anyone else hungry now?
Do you have a favorite Magic Kingdom counter service restaurant? What do you order there? Please leave a comment!
My favorite would have to be Columbia harbor house, the lighthouse sandwich.
Always tough to decide for me between Pecos Bill’s and Cosmic Ray’s, so we try to stop at both, sometimes more than once on a trip. Too Much to choose from. With the new seating at Cosmic Ray’s it will be easier in the future to find a cool spot in the Summer.
Columbia Harbour House is it!