One of the things that I think Disney does best in the way of food is their snacks! They have so many wonderful snacks and treats available that some days when I’m there I don’t even eat a meal! I just eat four or five of their delicious snacks throughout the day. So without further ado here is my list of the best Disney World snacks!
- Dole Whip Without a doubt this is one of the top snacks at Disney World. If you have never had a Dole whip it is a frozen soft serve dessert. They come in the classic pineapple flavor as well as orange or vanilla. The orange flavor is my absolute favorite! It has a light citrus taste and is nice and sweet. You can even get them in a swirl or a float! The most popular place to pick one up is at the Aloha Isle in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom. On a hot summer day, the line for these can be very long, but definitely worth it!
- Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar Another iconic treat and fan favorite is the Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar. This treat is vanilla ice cream shaped like a Mickey Mouse head dipped in chocolate and served on a stick. It is very similar to a Dove bar that you can get at home, but made way better simply because it is in the shape of Mickey! These treats are so popular that you can now get shirts, magnets and pins to declare your love for these yummy snacks! You can get one of these ice cream bars all over the parks from many of the cart vendors.
- Turkey Legs Now this is a not a personal favorite of mine, because I can’t stand to eat meat that still resembles the animal, but they are definitely one of the top snacks at Disney World. From what I hear these turkey legs have great flavor and are not at all dry. You will see people wandering all over gnawing on these things! If you are in the mood for a high protein snack, you can find these being sold at several of the cart vendors throughout the parks.
- Popcorn Another one of my personal favorites is the popcorn. Imagine the best movie theatre popcorn you’ve ever had only better and then you’ll have Disney World popcorn. They go through so much of it, it always seems fresh and warm. It’s not overly salty, with the perfect amount of butter and crunch, now that is a great snack! The large size is sold in a cute seasonal bucket with lid so you can continue to graze on it all day. Like most of the other snacks, popcorn can be found at several of the cart vendors throughout the parks. One of my favorite stands is at the cart just inside the Magic Kingdom.
- Fancy Cupcakes This is my all time favorite Disney World snack! I love the wide variety of flavors of cupcakes that they have at Disney World. They have simple ones like chocolate and vanilla to exotic ones that contain all different kinds of fillings and toppings. A couple of my favorites are the White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake which is dark chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream frosting topped with toasted coconut and the Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake which is a yellow cake, topped with a whipped cream type frosting filled with Grand Marnier soaked strawberries. My kids love the Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake featuring yellow cake topped with a cookies n’ cream buttercream frosting, Oreo crumbles and two Oreos to resemble Mickey’s ears! These gourmet cupcakes can be found throughout the parks and resort hotels. One of the places for the best selection is the Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn.
There you have it folks, some of the best snacks in Disney World! Makes my hungry just thinking about them!
What about you? Do you have a favorite Disney World snack? If so, please leave a comment!