Walt Disney World has a wide variety of resort hotels to fit any budget or taste. They are divided into several categories based on cost and amenities.
- Value Resorts There are five resorts that fall into the value category. They are Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. These resorts are the least expensive in the Disney family starting at around $85 per night. They offer food courts, gift shops, swimming pools and arcades. The rooms in this category are small, but clean and nicely themed. The atmosphere of these resorts is loud and energetic. You will generally find a lot of young families staying here.
- Moderate Resorts The resorts that are considered in the moderate category are Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins, Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter and Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside. These resorts are next up in the line of pricing starting at around $162 per night. They offer counter service as well as table service dining, gift shops, swimming pools with slides, arcades and lounges. The rooms in this category are a little larger than the value rooms and nicely themed. The atmosphere of these resorts is slightly more relaxed than the value resorts, but is still very appropriate for families, couples and individuals.
- Deluxe Resort Hotels Next up are the deluxe resort hotels which include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. These resorts start at around $284 per night. These amazing resorts offer incredible amenities including counter service as well as table service dining, bars and lounges, room service, gift shops, swimming pools with slides and hot tubs, arcades and other on-site recreation such as boat rentals and beach access. The rooms in this category are even larger than the moderate rooms and are sophisticatedly decorated. The atmosphere of these resorts is more elegant and relaxed, but still very family friendly.
- Deluxe Villas The resorts in the deluxe villa category are Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s Boardwalk Villas, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. These resorts start at around $318 per night. These top-of-the-line resorts offer exceptional amenities including counter service as well as fine dining, bars and lounges, room service, shopping, swimming pools with slides and hot tubs, arcades and other on-site recreation and features. The rooms in this category are by far the largest and feel like a home away from home. They offer kitchens, living spaces, bedrooms and multiple bathrooms. The atmosphere of these resorts is warm, inviting and comfortable…a wonderful place for large families.
- Other On Property Options There are two other deluxe resort category hotels located on Disney property near EPCOT that are not operated by Disney. They are the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel. Disney also offers campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.
My Thoughts: As a former sales and catering employee of Marriott Hotels & Resorts, I can be picky about the hotels where I stay. What I really enjoy about Walt Disney World is that no matter your budget, there is a Disney resort hotel for you. Over the years I have stayed in every category of hotel (and the campground) and I have enjoyed them all. Each resort hotel is unique and special in its own way. From the value resorts through the deluxe villas, the theming and attention to detail is amazing. The real difference in cost is based on the size of room, hotel amenities and location.