If you have a trip to Walt Disney World coming up soon, get ready to check out several brand new experiences debuting this week. With heart warming character greetings, updated parades, lively dance parties and more, there is sure to be something for all to enjoy! Here’s the latest scoop courtesy of Disney!
Now, more than ever is a great time to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, with new parties, shows, character experiences and more debuting this Friday, January 18, 2019, at all four theme parks. Excitement is building as the countdown clock is ticking down to the launch of all of these new experiences!
Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration Arrives at Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will honor those true originals, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages at Magic Kingdom.
- JUST ANNOUNCED! Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration.
- JUST ANNOUNCED! Guests will enjoy Celebration Station inside Town Square Theater, where they may sign a guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know, personally, how much fun they had during the party.
- JUST ANNOUNCED! An all-new song, “It’s a Good Time,” will play several times daily as part of the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” During this high-energy bash, singing hosts will invite guests to join in the fun with Disney pals including Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and many others.
- JUST ANNOUNCED! Mickey’s beloved dog, Pluto, will meet guests under the big top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus.
Party with Pixar Pals and More as Disney’s Hollywood Studios Marks 30 Years
- JUST ANNOUNCED! May 1, 2019, marks the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The park will celebrate this milestone all year long, starting January 18 with the reveal of a new 30th anniversary logo.
- Pixar Avenue will be the place for guests to show off their inner Supers with The Incredibles. Guests will celebrate the heroic deeds of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone, who will make appearances throughout the day during a party featuring lively music, dancing, interactive games and more Super fun. Guests will meet super-suit designer Edna Mode and see some of her greatest creations. They may also spot signs for the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible – the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
- A door to the monster world will open inside Walt Disney Presents, inviting guests to visit with Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.”
- Guests will feel like honorary toys in the new Toy Story Land. Based on the beloved Pixar Toy Story films, the playful land features two new attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers – as well as fan-favorite Toy Story Mania!
- In addition, the new high-energy live show “Disney Junior Dance Party!” will feature characters from Disney Junior television series, including Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and many more.
More Broadway Music Than Ever at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts comes to life January 18 – February 25, 2019, where guests will indulge in world-class culinary, visual and performance arts.
- The Disney on Broadway Concert Series expands to seven days a week during the festival, providing more opportunities than ever before to hear pairs of Disney on Broadway stars sing favorite tunes from award-winning productions. The lineup will rotate regularly, featuring music from “The Lion King,” “Frozen,” “Beauty and the Beast” and other hit shows.
- The festival will include 13 Food Studios, plus additional creative food and beverages around Epcot, featuring an expanded selection of delicious new tastes to savor.
- Art collectors and Disney enthusiasts alike will find artwork for sale throughout the park, from the Art of Disney store to Festival Markets. In addition, special festival merchandise will be available at Mouse Gear and other Epcot locations.
- The 2019 festival provides fun every day for the whole family, including performance artists, complimentary seminars, hands-on activities and Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt.
- While experiencing all the Epcot International Festival of the Arts has to offer, guests will want to spend another evening around World Showcase Lagoon taking in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which will be ending in the second half of 2019 to make way for an all-new nighttime spectacular.
Feel the Love During ‘Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party’ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Guests will take a walk on the wild side at Disney’s Animal Kingdom during the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party,” featuring Timon and Rafiki from Disney’s “The Lion King.”
- Each day on Discovery Island, the dance party will encourage young adventurers to let their inner animals roam free on the dance floor as a street band plays a fiery soundtrack in a World Beat style.
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!
Will you be visiting Walt Disney World in early 2019?
Please leave a comment; we would love to hear from you!