Every day it seems Disney is releasing exciting new details about what we can expect during this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival running 62 days from September 14 through November 14, 2016. With more celebrity chefs, dining options and resort cooking experiences, this year’s festival is destined to be one of the best. Guests are now able to book reservations for the popular premium events by calling 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378). Here’s a sneak peek at some of the returning favorites as well as some fantastic new opportunities courtesy of Disney:
A new lineup of popular celebrity chefs and a series of first-time Disney resort cooking and dining experiences will add fresh culinary appeal to the 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase at Walt Disney World Resort.
The annual Disney tour of tastes from six continents has become one of America’s top food festivals and features inspired flavors at more than 30 global marketplaces.
Culinary notables Geoffrey Zakarian, Maneet Chauhan, Duff Goldman, Elliott Farmer, Masaharu Morimoto and Graham Elliot will step up to the stove to host their first festival special events such as seminars and culinary demonstrations. Other chef icons like Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Norman Van Aken, Elizabeth Falkner, Buddy Valastro and Jamie Deen will return in 2016 to entertain foodies and inspire their palates at premium events.
First-time festival resort experiences include Brunch with a Twist at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa; Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef for a hands-on chef’s table experience in a professional working kitchen; The Secret of Flavor three-course lunch that gives guests a “sensory-food connection” at Yachtsman Steakhouse; and a tropical “Zombie” encounter during Behind the Scenes at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
“Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops at the Festival Center will offer guests a chance to learn a variety of culinary skills from chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros.
Celebrities ranging from Rock Harper to master sommelier Andrea Robinson will share their food and beverage know-how during culinary demos, beverage seminars and a variety of other events spanning the festival’s 62 days.
Rockin’ Burger Block Party and Party for the Senses grand tasting events will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips from eminent chefs and beverage experts plus new live entertainment.
Intimate dining and tasting events will include the “Umami” Tokyo Pairing and other Epcot restaurant experiences as well as multi-course lunches and dinners at Disney Springs and resort restaurants.
You’ll want to masquerade in chic yellow and black for the Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses October 28 and 29, an elegant, dance-the-night-away, gourmet tasting party with Champagne, wine, craft beers and specialty cocktails paired with food.
What’s Cookin’ With … some of the country’s top celebrity chefs will begin the morning with a delightful plated brunch and sparkling wine toast. The fun starts with a demo, and the chefs answer questions from the audience and share secrets of their successes. The brunch is on select Fridays and Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Friday, September 16 – Elizabeth Falkner
- Sunday, September 18 – Bryan Voltaggio
- Friday, September 23 – Andrea Robinson
- Sunday, September 25 – Robert Irvine
- Friday, September 30 – Graham Elliot
- Sunday, October 2 – Buddy Valastro
- Friday, October 7 – Jamie Deen
- Sunday, October 9 – Cat Cora
- Friday, October 14 – Emily Ellyn
- Friday, October 21 – Andrew Zimmern
- Sunday, October 23 – Rock Harper
- Sunday, October 30 – Geoffrey Zakarian
- Friday, November 4 – Alex Guarnaschelli
- Sunday, November 6 – David Guas
- Friday, November 11 – Sarah Fioroni
- Sunday, November 13 – Jehangir Mehta
For even more details and information about this year’s premium events, please click here!
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out these valuable resources to help you save time and money:
- Check out my new book 501 Ways to Make the Most of Your Walt Disney World Vacation for secret insider tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else!
- View the latest Disney World discounts currently available!
- Guarantee the best vacation price by clicking here for more information!